• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

More Germino Headroom 100

lkft

Sounds great! What kind of volume are you pushing? Seems as if it could take paint off the wall at 50 paces! Guitar? Cab/Speakers? Do I hear a phaser in there?

mikebat

It sounds like that was recorded VERY loud, and mic'd from a distance away. There is a lot of room sound.

VERY nice.

Share with sugar bear....more description..... signal chain.....settings....recording gear....

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Got a mac? Just take a buncha pretty pictures of the amp and guitars and have it slide show over it. ;)

tone?

It sounds like that was recorded VERY loud, and mic'd from a distance away. There is a lot of room sound.

VERY nice.

Share with sugar bear....more description..... signal chain.....settings....recording gear....

Thanks to all as I'm really critical of my recordings. Especially something like this where I'm goofing around.

It's the same as usual and probably gonna be that for awhile since I'm pretty satisfied with this tone.
Germino Headroom 100 on 10 through the load of the Torpedo reload.

I have no idea what I'm doing with the FX so I try and emulate VH by panning to the left and putting verb on the right.

Anyway.
Guitar is my piece of **** Ibby Roadstar II.

big mike

Cathode biased
Whatever you're doing it's working.
I gotta have you help me get set up for recording.

tone?

Nope
Got a mac? Just take a buncha pretty pictures of the amp and guitars and have it slide show over it. ;)

Nope Mike it's PC.
I take the audio into Cyberlink studio director or some shite like that and convert to AVI. the program isn't that user friendly and I'm retarded with that stuff.
I need to spend some time doing that.
Looking into the blackness while the clip is playing isn't the best. Lol

big mike

Cathode biased
Should be some way to do it easy.
I've got a macbook and garage band, should be able to get started that way if I get off my ass. LOL

But I just do camera in the room like so:

tone?

Whatever you're doing it's working.
I gotta have you help me get set up for recording.
Oh no!
Dude I'm the modern retarded guitarist. lol
Seriously I wing it

I'm the type that doesn't want to be bothered by any of that and spend most my time practicing or playing.
That's why I love the IRs.
Mic'ing was annoying the shite outta me.
Now I gotta spend $20 on a second pack of ownhammers for clean blues sounds.

tone?

Should be some way to do it easy.
I've got a macbook and garage band, should be able to get started that way if I get off my ass. LOL

But I just do camera in the room like so:

Yeah but that would sound awesome recorded half decently.

big mike

Cathode biased
Yeah it would be better miked and ran through something. I've got an E609 and an interface..i'll start jacking around with garage band at some point.

tone?

Some info on the playing

I didn't use a delay for the women in love intro. I learned that about 15 years ago and didn't have a delay so I simulated the repeats by actually doing them in real time which is kinda funny.
Oh and the pause you hear before the solo on somebody get me a dr is because the trem bar fell out of my guitar and I was like 'wtf?? Where did it go'. Lol

big mike

Cathode biased
Monterey should have less gain. It's bass spec...JTM45/100...so more like Malcolm Young tone..Paul Kossoff...Hendrix...

Trending Topics