1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

More low-volume JCM 800 - boosted this time

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by stratotastic, Feb 22, 2012.

1. stratotastic

stratotastic Supporting Member

Related to my other thread here's another low-volume JCM 800 demo. The Marshall is used on the leads which are boosted using various drives from my Line 6 M13. (Apologies for the terrible SR-16 sounds, haha.)

Amp: 1983 Marshall JCM 800 4014 2x12 combo with G12-65 speakers. NOS pre's (I believe they're Bugle Boy or Amperex), recent issue JJ EL34s.

Lead guitar: 2006 Les Paul Std Premium+ with WCR Godwood pickups. Marshall: everything on 5 except master volume on 1-2. Shure beta 57A half way between the center and edge of the speaker.

The trem is from my Mesa Mark V--was playing around with the 10-watt settings and wanted to lay something down. But the JCM low channel would have probably sounded even better! :D

Cowboy tune #2 Sorry--you kinda have to wait out the verses...

(If anyone writes lyrics that might fit this, let me know! Full credit.)