More Prince! 3RDEYEGIRL "let's go crazy" - Ferocious!!

Mike R.

That was great.

Recently I watched a video or two of Prince and Lenny Kravitz.

Those guys were made to play together.

HeyMrTeleMan

Colonel of Truth
Gold Supporting Member

I found this gem from 2006. My favorite Prince "gals" all together...Lisa, Wendy & Sheila E (lord, I had a crush on Sheila E. in college).
Thanks for that!

Sheila E. is looking and playing very well. What a great performance from everyone! Every detail was perfect.

You know, I was thinking about the future of guitar and as long as so many tones can be made with one or more of them the future looks bright.

I can't say the same for the ocarina...

Reactions: BUK

Polynitro

i was looking for this video the other day..where was it?

Smoldering hard rock version, with a nice nod to Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein."

I was in the camp that didn't fully appreciate his genius until he was gone. Now I'm just more and more astonished every day.

Reactions: BUK

Polynitro

everyone says those vox guitars suck. they were like $500 a few years ago. I wanted one after seeing this video...his is stock save for a refinish and sounds fine to me.
(yea I know its Prince (im not) and its a lot of effects still, it looks bad ass and sounds good)

Drew68

Supporting Member
any idea what wha pedal is on his board?

He loved his Boss pedals. Used them his whole career. Strangely enough, when Prince died, Boss' Twitter page had nothing more than a simple "RIP Prince." He wasn't even listed in their artists section.

Made me wonder if Boss was even aware?

Polynitro

He loved his Boss pedals. Used them his whole career. Strangely enough, when Prince died, Boss' Twitter page had nothing more than a simple "RIP Prince." He wasn't even listed in their artists section.

Made me wonder if Boss was even aware?
he probably wasnt an sponsered artist-he just used the pedals.
I know he used to use the turbo OD...as does vince gill.

neastguy

I was mostly wondering about his wah? wonder what kind of dunlop cry baby or if it was just off the shelf $79.99

gassyndrome

The last 45 seconds of that Brit awards clip are real spine tingling, guitar hero stuff. Just amazing.

And those back up dancers are ok too!!!!

armadillo66

Shelia E, poster girl for "Smokin Hot Drummer" in every way, I thought her boobs were gonna leap out of her dress during Purple Rain

Prince never had this style before hiring Donna Grantis. Maybe if he did, I would be more of a fan. Sorry, I tend to feel that this is a Donna Grantis arrangement. Look up her stuff.

Reactions: MGT

Average Joe

Gotta say I didn't like that arrangement. The man sure could play a guitar, and props for trying out a different arrangement. But I didn't like that one bit

seiko

Prince never had this style before hiring Donna Grantis. Maybe if he did, I would be more of a fan. Sorry, I tend to feel that this is a Donna Grantis arrangement. Look up her stuff.
Could be! He typically hired very good people. But Prince reworked his songs A LOT live too.

armadillo66

Hint....Sheila E was NOT in Purple Rain...;)
Who was that playing on the big drum kit in the second video then? I know she was not in the movie

besides I am a 63 biker and going senile, all I saw was boobs bouncing on a really good drummer during Purple rain, same chick on timbales in the other songs. If that aint Ms. SE, Well excuse me

JohnK24

Supporting Member
Who was that playing on the big drum kit in the second video then? I know she was not in the movie

besides I am a 63 biker and going senile, all I saw was boobs bouncing on a really good drummer during Purple rain, same chick on timbales in the other songs. If that aint Ms. SE, Well excuse me
Oh...in the video, yes that's Sheila E...sorry, I was thinking about the movie "Purple Rain"...my bad, carry on

Trending Topics