more reverrbb!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gianluigi, Feb 12, 2012.

1. gianluigi

gianluigi Member

I play a stratocaster ts9,wah. custom super reverb,
    sometime I feel like I'm needing more reverb,I've tried a corbon copy( I know it's a Delay),hall of fame ,but they do not sound good added to the existing amp's reverb.
    which one should I try?
    vanamps is good but too expensive and too big,maybe holy grail nano ?
    thanks guys

2. sketches

sketches Member

3. blake480

blake480 Member

4. giantrobotswinbig

giantrobotswinbig Member

You might want to look into the Hardwire RV-7. It is comparable to the Hall of Fame in price (and can potentially be found for around $70 used), and many people consider it to have higher quality reverb but with less versatility than the Hall of Fame.

Personally, I think that the RV-7 sounds much better then any of the Electro-Harmonix reverb pedals I've tried (YMMV), and if that doesn't work for you, then you might want to look into the Hermida reverb ($99).

5. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

^ I'll second this, as I use the Hardwire with Fender Blackface amps and generally prefer to use the Hardwire with the amps reverb off. It's at least comparable or even better than most built-in reverbs IMO, and of course, more versatile.

6. scolfax

scolfax Member

After reading a ton of threads and watching vids I pulled the trigger on a Wet last week - should arrive in the next day or two.

I think it's important to decide what kind you want first. There is quite a range from simple one-knob spring-sounding pedals all the way to super-lush ambient stuff.

7. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Yeah,4 sure.

8. justnick

justnick Gold Supporting Member

Been getting great results combining this one with amp reverb and also with other delays...

9. oxtone

oxtone Member

Avoid the EHX Holy Grail - I had one, and it broke after a short time using it. Total crap build quality, IMO. Didn't sound very good, either.

I'd go with the WET Reverb - the Stereo version has an added knob for Tone,
    plus jacks for real-time control. Very cool.

10. TrainBridge

TrainBridge Member

This pedal seems rad. Plate reverb right?

But honestly the op is playing through a super REVERB! That spring reverb kills! So why even have a pedal unless it's something besides spring?