more sparkle from my Fuchs ODS 50 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by gitman, Feb 22, 2008.

1. gitman

gitman Member

calling all Fuchs owners here : i am very happy with this amp when i play my humbucker-equipped guitars, they all sound great, clean and overdriven. HOWEVER, my Suhr (with Area 58/61 DiMarzio's) and my Warmoth Tele (Virtual Vintage, DiMarzio) definitely lack top end sparkle when used with the controls set identically ... i'm at a loss. both guitars sound like they are supposed to (more or less, you know, Fender-ish) when played through different amps but not so through this Fuchs ... i have 2 seperate cabs, one containing an EV "Force" 12", the other the Eminence REd White&Blue that came with the amp. i have the amp since may last year, no tubes swapped yet. what gives ?????

2. PierreL

PierreL Member

Strange, cause I find that my ODS sounds great both with my Hamer (Seth Lovers pups) and my EJ Strat, both in clean and overdriven modes.

3. Frank C

Frank C Member

Hit the brite switch next to the input!

4. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Supporting Member

Yeah, thats the only way I could get near the sparkle I love from fender amps with fender guitars but it still wasn't enough IMO. I think the Fuchs worked better with my tele than my strat tho. If you haven't already noticed, the in between positions on a strat, sound REALLY muted through the Fuchs. I chalked it up to the Fuchs unique midrange voicing cancelling the characteristic notch created by those pickup positions. You might also try a different brighter speaker but it may adversely affect the OD tone.

Anyway, I ended up selling my fuchs mod and going back to fender style amps with pedals.

5. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

If you have an ODS, the brite switch may work. But you're probably after what the TDS Channel one give you.

6. gitman

gitman Member

yeah, the bright switch ... thing is, if i hit that, i have to re-adjust everything else, too. strange beast... the amp sounds absolute KILLER when i play my Monaco-II, ES-345, Artinger and other HB guit-fiddles ! if nothing else, i will try it with some pedal, a mild OD, a clean booster of some sort - suggestions ?

7. tvegas99

tvegas99 Silver Supporting Member

don't forget the Accent Knob...mine adds a little top end sizzle, it's the last thing I set on a gig for final tweaking...between that and the bright switch there is a strong possibility of a lil' Icepick in the Forehead...good luck!