1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Morgan AC20tb clips/vids ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 91fender, Dec 26, 2009.

1. 91fender

91fender Member

Planning on getting a Morgan bit still trying to decide on which one?

Love the AC20 clips but need more grind so I was looking at the MV23 or the AC20tb (love chime) but haven't been able to find any clips of The ac20tb yet... Anyone got some clips?

Thanks

2. playthecray

playthecray Member

Out of all the Morgan clips I have seen, I have been most impressed with the MV3.8k. Best of both worlds with great chimey cleans and amazing overdriven crunchy tones.

3. scotty danger

scotty danger Member

I might be able to borrow an AC20tb from Joe in the next few day and whip up a quick clip. No guarantees, but I'll try :)

I'm really pumped to try out the ASW stuff at his place as well

4. 91fender

91fender Member

Dude that would be awesome if u can... Asw?? Is thy something new? I love vox cleans and Marshall grind.... But I hear great things about the TB and all Morgan amps for that matter... I am doing more session Work now and needing a great recording amp plus giggable amp...

5. jhp612

jhp612 Member

ASW = austin speaker works

They are the new speakers joes offering, and it blows other speakers out of the water.

I would recommend sticking with ac20 over the tb model. it takes pedals great to get that grind, i like setting mine to the edge of breakup and using pedals to push it over for the grind.

the 3.8 or 23 are also great, that move into marshall territores. the 20 though is joes gem of the bunch for what i play ( modern worship). they all sound fantastic though!

6. 91fender

91fender Member

Hmmm... Yeah I play mostly modern worship/Christian rock/and my stuff (ambient and instrumental stuff)... Man it's a tough decision lol I may just get the ac20 and later get a more shredy amp... But would love to hear the Tb still

Thanks

7. scotty danger

scotty danger Member

I do the same thing with the AC20-set it for mild break up and then push it over the edge with a Durham Sex Drive. I've had great results with the ZVEX Super Hard On and Throbak Overdrive/Boost as well. These didn't shave off any of the awesome lowend, thank god.

The Fryer Brian May Touring pedal sounded huge too, I've got to grab one of those.

I actually haven't played the TB model yet, but I'll see if Joe has an extra when I go over tomorrow.

8. jakins

jakins Member

I've got an ac20tb with asw elegante.. Let's do some clips! I don't have the recording stuff though