Morgan Amps: 2 reasons I got the combo instead of head/cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by chrisross, Mar 2, 2012.

1. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

1. Combo amps are easier to transport...nothing new here.

2. The one thing that kills me about the head/cab Morgan's is that the M on the head lights up but the M on the cab doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I understand why this is, but it would just bother me! One glowing M = one happy Chris.

2. stephenyi

stephenyi Member

I'll just say I'm a big fan of the DAG15/PR12 combo size. IMO, perfect grab-n-go amp.

3. dave12

dave12 No commericals! No mercy!

#1 kinda depends on the size of the combo. a small 1x12 would be easier to carry, but when you get to the big vox and matchless sized 2x12, combos are not as easy cause those things weigh a ton.

I don't know which one you got, but I prefer the look of combos too, but for different reasons.

Happy for your purchase anyways. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm excited to get my Morgan.

4. ethompson

ethompson Member

That kinda bugs me about my Matchless head and cab too I wish the cab lite up!

5. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

I like bigger amps, so splitting it up into the head/cab format is easier for me to transport.

6. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Supporting Member

Personally, I love the Morgan aesthetic in all forms, but my fave is the small-box head sitting on top of a 1-12 cab. Super cool, like high-art design.

7. ken374

ken374 Member

Im going with head and cab this time, easier to carry and looks cool! So what caps is Joe using in the DAG now??

8. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

The combo set-up seems a hair more versital, you could always run a cab under a combo for better dispersion yet keep a combo by the bed or grab it for small jams...DAG Almost here!