Morgan Experts ... Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by josh.rigaud, Feb 27, 2012.

1. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

Hey guys,

I have a Port City pearl that sadly Im gonna have to sell. Yes, have to. I dont really want to. I moved to Brazil a little while ago and brough the amp with me. I mainly lay at churches. Back in Dallas most places had iso boxes so volume was never an issue for me. Here, however, those are unheard of and Im living in an apt. The pearl is just too good an amp to play at such low volumes. Im almost about to sell it here. I can get an easy $1800 HERE. With whicg im thinking a Morgan AC20 Deluxe. The one fear I have before pulling the trigger is the morgans lack of control. Just the tone knob. Ive playes amps before and it wasnt an issue , but ive never tried the morgan.

I need a versatile amp. Ive heard Morgnans are just this.
    I was a full sounding amp. Tight punchy lows while retaining my clarity.

I know some of you all have morgans ... Particularly the ac20 DLX... talk to me plssss.

2. walkers

walkers Member

Everybody defines versatile in different ways but as a AC20 dlx owner I can't think of a more versatile amp. There is the Normal/Brilliant switch that cuts bass (I leave mine on Normal and it's plenty of low end), the bright switch that adds sparkle, then the cut knob. Those three controls allow the amp to have just about any configuration, and I think it naturally has just enough mids.

The power scaling is excellent as well..you can run it fully clean or on the verge of break up at nearly every volume level. Big plus.

Oh...and the 12AX7 AND EF86 option...wow, just wow.

I couldn't be more happier with an amp than I am with the Morgan...just my 2 cents!

3. Jon@Home

Jon@Home Member

Played a ac20 a week ago, at very low volumes(church)
    It sounded wonderful. I didn't have time to play with the settings, but with the bright pulled, cut all the way (UP) it had great highend stuff, lots of lowend punch too. I really enjoyed it. I have no idea how many different sounds it will do with changing the settings, but from what I heard I could live with it's tone for the rest of my life :)
    DAG15 on the way, I want lower headroom.

4. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

I think I might pull the trigger... You know how it is befor eyou buy an amp... Brain gets flooded with questions.

5. francric

francric Member

Can't go wrong with a AC20 Deluxe.............................

6. QQQ

QQQ Member

AC20DLX is really versatile, but if you are really concerned with dialing in a very specific sound, get a fromel shape eq to go with it,

7. SKYHIGH

SKYHIGH Member

Go with Dual 20 like I did. Problem solved.