Morgan PR12, footswitch

kjt1776

Good morning everyone, recently acquired a Morgan PR12, love this amp, so much amazing things about it in a small package. Thinking of getting a footswitch for the tube driven spring reverb in it. Morgan designed it parallel to the tone stack and it can be taken out when turned all the way down thankfully but I know it would be much more beneficial if I can just tap a foot switch similar to a single button fender style switch. I play mostly with it on as I love reverb and the PR12's reverb is excellent and the dwell can be controlled giving it some tonal options but having a single button footswitch to remove it from use when wanted or needed would be a good options. Any know of a particular standard type footswitch that they have used and works well in this situation. I have always just pedals and as few as possible to maintain a sound platform.

Thanks guys

stinkfoot

The manual states that you can use any latching type footswitch. I assume it simply needs to short the tip to sleeve, to turn the reverb on/off. In that case, the Boss FS-5L will work just fine, as will any other latching footswitch you can get from one of the custom builders. I have a Marshall single button channel footswitch laying around for this type of switching, and it will of course work fine too.

kjt1776

The manual states that you can use any latching type footswitch. I assume it simply needs to short the tip to sleeve, to turn the reverb on/off. In that case, the Boss FS-5L will work just fine, as will any other latching footswitch you can get from one of the custom builders. I have a Marshall single button channel footswitch laying around for this type of switching, and it will of course work fine too.
Thank you stinkfoot, I realized what I probably need then, just needed to hear it from someone who has dealt with these kink of switches before, didn't want to buy anything and then realize I had wasted the money and time. I will take a look at the Boss and I think I saw a fender switch that may work as well. Take care

Trending Topics