• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Morgan rv35 vs sw50

Grizz_Lee

Anybody compared these two? Just curious about the difference in tonal qualities and headroom and all that cool stuff...so yeh.

Anybody?

inystad

Haven't played them, but my RV35 is coming in a month or so. I think the SW50 is a dumblish/two-rockish amp, while the RV35 is a more Fender-ish voiced amp with hints of AC30

Bump cause I'm interested too

brian.robert

Let me know if you want to sell the 35 (or trade for a 30/800). I've been looking at both of them also, but think the 35 would fit my needs better. The clips of the sw50 on the Morgan website sound amazing though

vibrostrat43

Silver Supporting Member
I wish I had the money to need to decide between these two, but I'd still like to hear what the main differences are...so far from the sparse clips I've heard the sw50 seems tighter than the rv35, but the rv35 seems more chimey.

Really a hard choice, and I would love to have either one I'm sure.

PTraina

Silver Supporting Member
They are totally different vibes. I have an rv35 and am getting an SW soon. If you like a really clean high headroom amp, the sw50 is it! The rv35 is a class a amp with some great breakup. But asking which is better is like asking what is better apples or crayons? They have there own place. Hope that helps:)

whiskypete

They are totally different vibes. I have an rv35 and am getting an SW soon. If you like a really clean high headroom amp, the sw50 is it! The rv35 is a class a amp with some great breakup. But asking which is better is like asking what is better apples or crayons? They have there own place. Hope that helps:)
Pretty much this. The SW50 doesn't break up really. If you get it to naturally you'll probably lose your hearing. They're loud as hell. And amazing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom