Morley Wah Mods - Most Models

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GuitarKidd, Apr 17, 2008.

1. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

Was reading the thread about Wahs and thought I would share some information about modding them (which you guys might already know about). This information is straight from Morley's customer service. Read Below..

stonevibe likes this.
  2. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

Nice to know I have the Morley Bad Horsy II, so far I am happy with it as it is, but nice to know that I can adjust it.

3. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

I have a 1992 Morley Power Wah... And it was just ok.. when I first got. I read on harmony central that someone contacted Morley's Customer Service and got the instructions. That's what I did and basically made a few adustments to the LED and it has a very nice range now. I really like it. And for 32$ on Ebay I can't beat it..

4. MkF!

MkF! Member

It's becoming less of a secret that Morley will customize their wah pedals if you ask nicely. Their techs are great at getting the sound that you want out of one of their pedals.

I used a stock Tremonti Wah for a couple of years and it's a great pedal.

~MkF!
    "Waht?!"

5. MusicManJP6

MusicManJP6 Member

great info! i'll have to bookmark and save when i get to the house. i'm mostly happy with my wah, but wouldn't mind a bit more unique sound out of it... thanks for sharing!

6. Greg Dawson

Greg Dawson Member

Can I offer my Morley modding experience....I recently bought a Mark Tremonti Wah, and although I like the lightning fast treadle action [once adjusted via a small trim pot on the main board] I thought it was a bit harsh on the top end- and too wide of a sweep for my tastes. I read the nut loosening tip, but doesn't work on newer Tremonti wahs cuz there's no nut on the inductor ! [Bill Wenzloff told me those nuts are on older Tremontis] I tried the Led aiming away from photocell-helped but lost clarity and authority on the top end.. Finally I tried changing the shape of the optical slit by placing black tape to narrow the slit width and also a second piece of tape to shorten the length of the slit by placing tape at the wide end of the slit but on a slight angle [not at 90° to slit but tapered slightly] This lowered the bitey top end, fattened the bottom end and improved the overall feel of the pedal. The inspiration to adjust the slit came from the Morley Volume slit mod that I've read about. I'm not saying black tape is the final answer. I think in time it will dry out and fall off. I'm going to get some light baffle pieces from Morley. I hope this helps a few, don't give up on your Morley dudes....! Rock on

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018