Morning Dew EQ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratofied, Feb 8, 2006.

1. stratofied

stratofied Member

Just received an email notice the Morning Dew is ready to ship. I'm thinking of trying one of these. Anyone else been waiting to order?

2. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Yep. :) Had one on the demo tour and seriously didn't want to send it to the next person.

3. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

I just got an e-mail from Brian Baker informing me that I won a Morning Dew for signing up on his mailing list and that I will have it next week!!!!!
    Too cool!

4. erksin

erksin Member

Just ordered mine 5 mins ago - psyched!

5. webb

webb Member

I bought one of the proto-types. I think you're going to love it. It's amazing the number of things you can do with the Dew. EQ'ing of course, boost, midboost for single coils, thinning out humbuckers,etc.
    Have fun, the morning dew will keep you busy :)

6. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

webb,
    Where are you placing the Dew in your chain?
    Up front or at the end?

7. webb

webb Member

I put the Morning Dew first thing in the chain, unless I decide to use a fuzz. Then it's second in line. You scored bro:D

8. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I got to try it on the tour and am gonna order one tonight as well. I had is EVERYWHERE in my chain. In the front, at the end, before OD, after OD...What I found is that the EQ worked great everywhere except at the very end when I had an OD running, even with mild OD. My favorite place is second in line...right after my Tuner, right before my wah. As if this pedal didn't sound great on its on...the way it makes your other pedals sound is incredible. My RMC-2 sounds great anyway, but with it it is the smoothest thing I've ever heard...Honestly the Morning Dew makes my rig sound professional (even if the play isn't). ;)

9. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Oh yeah! I really scored. That was one pleasant e-mail to receive. I need more of those.

I hope this starts some sort of trend.
    Next I am waiting for an e-mail from some long lost, distant uncle leaving me his mega-fortune. I won't hold my breath, though.

Really, pretty cool. I am most pleased. Can't wait to check it out. The quality of the build and the components appear to be truly top notch.

10. erksin

erksin Member

My intention is to use it in buffered mode and put it after my wah and Hellbilly, before the other ODs and modulation with my Axess BS-2 Buffer/Splitter last in the chain. Should keep my signal pretty strong all the way through, no?

Really looking forward to what it can do for my single tone control vintage combos!

11. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

One review I read said that the person couldn't tell the difference when the buffer was on and off. I definitely could. It is subtle but to me it's like the difference between the clarity OK guitar cables and good cables.

12. stratofied

stratofied Member

Got my order in last night so hopefully buffer in = good cables.:)

13. drolling

drolling Member

So, how does the Morning Dew compare to the Sea Blue. Is it a coincidence that they rhyme so nicely?

14. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

I'd like to know about that too... but the addition of a mid knob made it a no-brainer for me and I took the plunge. Can't wait to try it.

15. erksin

erksin Member

Ricky - did you wind up scoring that GA19-RVT from the Emporium? I PM'd you regarding it. It's been my main amp for about 12 years now - LOVE mine...

The MDEQ should be able to add some cool frequencies to these single tone control amps - never had an EQ before so I'm psyched to try it and see how well it fills out the tonal spectrum. I run two amps frequently because of the strengths/weaknesses of each combo - maybe the MDEQ can remedy that need..?

16. drolling

drolling Member

Some threads here just really get me going - and this is one of them.

I've had such great results w/Bjorn's SeaBlue EQ that I've been wanting another one, or something similar, for my small electro-acoustic board. I just wandered over to Brian's site and after reading up on the MD (and looking at that nice clean gut shot), I had to order one- Ships on Monday.

I'm up in Canada, so I won't see it for a while, but I'm hoping that some of you will be posting reviews in the meantime..

17. Thor

Thor Member

I also ordered a Dew today - shipping on Monday. I sent a few e-mails to Brian and he responds like lightning! Top notch guy. I have a feeling that by this time next week TGP is going to be rotten with MDEQ threads and posts!

18. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

You know I never think to check my PM... so I didn't get it. But as it turns out someone beat me to buying the amp, so I didn't get that either!

But the seller of the amp is actually an amp builder himself so we're talking about a 18w clone w/reverb from the bones of a Silvertone amp... could be very cool!

I just gotta try an EQ pedal out of curiousity more than anything. I like my tone as is but ya never knows I reckon... :AOK

19. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

To be honest the only reason I ever tried this pedal was becuase of the tour, well that and I had talked to Brian a bit in the past. But as far as EQ goes I have never been interested. So glad I tried it.

20. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Guys, I just ordered the Morning Dew EQ, I am really excited about this pedal for some reason. I cannot wait. Can anybody tell me about how good the buffer is in the MD EQ?

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net