Morning Dew... Initial tone report

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cobra, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Cobra

Cobra Supporting Member

Yah mon!!! Whoee... The Dew is all that!! Friggen fantastic. This is the new http://www.antelopefx.com/ 3-band EQ/buffer pedal, from Brian Baker. I just got prototype #3, & so far I've run it with single coils only, at 18vdc, in the very front of my FX chain, in the stock setting for either TB or with the buffer on. I haven't moved the switch yet.
    It's very versatile, extremely well built & thought out, & the frequency ranges work great for electric guitar. I have a Strat that's got some spikey upper highs when the volume knob is dimed, & it was simple to dial them down right into the sweet spot. It also works great at pushing OD's & distortions, for added tonal variety, either subtle or extreme. It could easily qualify for using 2 pedalboard slots with 2 Morning Dew's, for 2 separate settings. Maybe one at the beginning, & one at the end, or in different interspersed slots. No doubt about it, it's a keeper for sure. More findings later after I try it at the end of the chain, with the buffer on or off, & with my acoustic.

2. Luke V

Luke V Member

Very cool. Looks, or sounds, like that might be what I need for the NATURAL channel on my Rocker.

3. meterman

meterman Member

thanks for the heads up, that looks like a more useful alternative to he BS-2 buffer in some ways....now if I only had room for it on my board :rolleyes:

4. fatback

fatback Member

I got Proto #2 this morning. I'm very impressed by the build quality. It sounds great and is very quiet. I'll give a full review in a few weeks, but so far, so good.

Well done Brian!

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

This looks really cool. But can I ask, where is the volume? Is there a volume pot inside or something? He says it can be a clean boost. When you kick it on does it boost the output or something?

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

6. BrianB

BrianB Supporting Member

Thanks a ton guys! Glad to hear you like 'em :JAM

Think of it as three volume knobs. With all three maxed you get 15dB (a little more really) of clean boost. Then if you don't like the mids so high you can back them off a little, or if you want more mids just kick down the bass and treble a bit. Sounds nice with an amp on the edge or in front of drives :cool:

7. gururyan

gururyan Member

Are they in Oklahoma?

8. BrianB

BrianB Supporting Member

Yeah, you're in Tulsa right? I think I remember reading that on some forum a long, long time ago. I'm from the southwest corner of the state in Lawton. I'll probably be moving elsewhere in the coming months though...

9. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Hey Brian do you happen to have a list of tour? Just curious where I am in line. :D

10. BrianB

BrianB Supporting Member

You're third. I think it was supposed to go to the 2nd guy today :) I'll email you the list too :cool:

11. dividedsky

dividedsky Member