Morning Dew Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Wooley, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Wooley

Wooley Member

Just got my new Morning Dew. Love what it does for my Strat>Bassman (which already sounds pretty good), it made me not want to use any other effects... not even any gain. Beautiful box too.
    One question for all Morning Dew owners. Does it always pop like that when engaged/disengaged, or is that something I need to ask Brian about? If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I have my answer, cause this is pretty loud. I'm worried might deafen someone at live volumes.

2. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

Answer: Don't turn it off! :D
    Actually I leave mine on all the time so I'm not totally sure what you mean. I can't remember if mine ever did that.

3. Wooley

Wooley Member

You know, that's really not a bad idea. Damn! As if I have ANY room on my pedalboard.

4. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

The buffer may be off? Might be causing it. I always left the buffer on when I had one, and never had a pop problem.

5. BrianB

BrianB Member

Does it happen with just the Dew in line? A lot of times another pedal can make another pedal pop so it's good to try each one on their own. A funky powering system can also mess things up... too many things daisy chained, or the wrong 2/3 things daisy chained, cable issue, etc. I do everything in the book to minimize switching noise and (Logan right?) I just sent out the pedal and when I tested it, it didn't pop. Also, if you just plugged it in to the rest of your rig and didn't do a lot of switching off and on try switching it off and on a few times. Yours has a different LED, a fairly bright one, which can sometimes lead to popping if too low a resistor value is used, but I knocked it up in value to make sure it didn't...

6. ruby7829

ruby7829 Supporting Member

7. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

8. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

No pop on mine, either.

9. uberschall

uberschall Supporting Member

Buffer on, and no pops on mine.