Mosfet pedals which one?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by derek_32999, Dec 6, 2005.

1. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

ok zendrive, mosferatu, blackstone, fulldrive anniversary.... i hear a lot of zendrive talk. i have had a zendrive, i have a mosferatu. does the fulltone or blackstone give me something i havent heard?

2. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

3. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

The only one of those I've played was the Blackstone. It was a very cool pedal, and I totally dug the design. A true fetish object for guitar players! Unlike most drive pedals, I preferred that one with a totally clean amp, like my blackface Fender. The two channels are very cool, and nothing I've tried is quieter or cleans up better with the guitar's volume control. I may get one again someday. The yellow channel (the lower gain of the two) was spectacular and the other was nice too. But hey, you can't keep them all.

I would say that the two channels make this a nice buy and very versatile. They come up in the emporium for as low as $160 once in awhile if you keep an eye out.

4. 6789

6789 Member

of those I've only tried the Blackstone. I own and use the blackstone. I really like it. it cleans up well with the guitar volume knob. it has internal controls that HAVE to be tweaked to match your guitar and amp to sound the best.
    I turn up the internal gain almost all the way and then I turn down the external gain all the way to get a great low gain sound - a little past the edge of break-up. it's my favorite overdrive so far. If you DON'T adjust the internal controls you might not like the sound.

5. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Yes I got rid of my zendrive. I have another on order to be sure I didnt just miss something. The mos I have is a custom job with 2 extra switches for clipping (awesome) and dials for treb, bass,mid, gain, and level. That is why I got rid of the original zendrive, since my modded mos could sound like the zen or the mosferatu (to my ears anyways). Just wanted to see what else you guys and gals are using, and if it is just my mos that can get both sounds because it is modded.

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

My bro has the camera right now :(, It isnt polished like that one (which is freakin awesome!), just in an unpainted enclosure. I bought it off TGP. One of the clip switches makes it higher gain, and the other switch opens it up a bit. It is really cool. I will try to get a pic up.

7. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

olectric, that is a seriously cool pedal. I didn't know such a beast was available.

8. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I was just playing with my mos, and put a boost in front and it was pretty nice. Also, the clipping is Left switch up= higher gain, down=lower gain(where I find my zendrive sounds). Right switch up = more compressed, down = open (again where i find my zendrive sounds)