Most comfortable electric sitting down

nl128

Gold Supporting Member
For me a tele and an LP. The flat edge helps it stay in one place while sitting.

I got so used to sitting with teles and LPs that last time I sat with my Strat it felt like it was sliding all over the place.

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
Believe it or not, my Berger style parts guitar on the far left is most comfortable. I added the Steinberger leg rest.

It doesn't slip off your leg either.

RussB

low rent hobbyist
Believe it or not, my Berger style parts guitar on the far left is most comfortable. I added the Steinberger leg rest.

It doesn't slip off your leg either.

I'm really liking the sparkle Sirloin Jr! :love:

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
I havent talked it up too much yet, but i got a new EBMM Majesty and man, ive never felt a more comfortable guitar. Havent put it on a strap yet, though.

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Platinum Supporting Member
Nothing else comes close. Well, a couple of newer builders [Forshage, e.g.] have adapted this design. The important part is the angle of the neck to the body; it looks straight here but look at the cutaway where the guitar sits on your leg. The neck comes up at a MUCH better angle for playing.

wizard_23

A 16" Gretsch. Strats slide off me. 17" Gretsches are a bit big under my arm when sitting but I still like playing them.

sidehatch

Drool! My gosh I'd love to own one. If someone has a decently affordable copy one day that doesn't forgo the critical elements I'm getting one.

Nothing else comes close. Well, a couple of newer builders [Forshage, e.g.] have adapted this design. The important part is the angle of the neck to the body; it looks straight here but look at the cutaway where the guitar sits on your leg. The neck comes up at a MUCH better angle for playing.

Martin82

I find telescope, LPs, Gretsch, ES style, most hollow bodies to be very comfortable. Stats not so much. Never having played one or even held one, I can't imagine a Flying V being comfortable.

Lump

ovation breadwinner. I know, I'm old. Few have ever gotten to try one. It looks to me like the Klein has some breadwinner in its DNA.

big jilm

I've owned Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, 335 (Tokai), ES137...

The answer is SGs, and easily. I'm with the OP on this one.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to either a Tele or 335.

Les Pauls are by far the hardest for me.

Trending Topics