Most commonly bought PRS neck size?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SeaFoamGreen, Aug 3, 2008.

1. SeaFoamGreen

SeaFoamGreen Member

PRS makes a whole variety of neck sizes. But I'm just curious, what is probably the most popular that people actually buy?

Wide fat? Wide thin? Regular? What?

2. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

I probably see more wide thins than anything else hanging on the walls at local stores. My guess would be W/T but I don't know for sure.

3. Redbell

Redbell Member

I believe that Wide/Fat is most desired which is probably why the thins are still hanging there.

4. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

That's what I've always wondered, is it because the other sizes are bought up first or are they shipping more W/T than anything else?

Generally I find that it seems people like thin(ner) necks, although I'm the complete opposite. I did buy a PRS with a W/T neck simply because it was a very good guitar. I don't think I'd let a neck carve influence my decision enough to pass on a great guitar.

5. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

+1 I've heard the same thing from a couple of stores. In fact, you can see the same thing with the online dealer inventories. FWIW, 7 of my 8 PRS's have W/F necks, the other one is a PRS Bass. :AOK

6. JoeYello

JoeYello Member

I see/have more wide fat necks than anything else.........

7. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

Being that the wide/thin is only available on the 24's, I have to think the W/F is the most ordered. THe McCarty and Singlecuts all have a version of that as it's only available carve.

It's quite comfy, not to wide or fat unlike the name implies. My favorite is the 'Regular' Carve only available on Custom 24's now.

8. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

im voting W/F myself. lve the carve and most people i know do too. it was my first "big neck" guitar and it was a nice introduction that stuck with me.

9. vchizzle

vchizzle Supporting Member

WF is probably most popular. Its my favorite, followed by regular and WT. I have a WT thin. I'm not overly neck picky, but probably won't buy another...yet won't sell the guitar with WT :)

10. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Not true. I have had 2 Custom 22s with W/T neck carve. Having said that, I like the W/F carve better.

11. PFCG

PFCG Member

i like the wide thin the most of their shapes. the wide fat just feels so uncomfortable to me for some reason. that and any v shaped neck make me cringe.

12. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

Just picked up a Mira w/a regular neck. Both guitars at the store had regulars. Very comfy neck IMO.