Most obscure killer sounding amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fusion01, Sep 20, 2010.

1. bullet6759

bullet6759 Silver Supporting Member

:agree

2. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

I used to gig with and sell Holland amps in my music shop, The Guitar Warehouse..They were just wonderful amps.Very innovative designs at the time like having a separate reverb amp and speaker in the same amp. Mike built some great amps but didn't really like building any model exactly the same each time so every amp of his I had of the same model always sounded a little different.. Interesting creative concept. He also built a signature amp for Jimmy Page.I had one..2 channels..it was quite something....He was located in Virginia but wanted to take the business to the next level, so he got this guy involved from Tennessee [BIG mistake] that was a rep for Heritage guitars. This was around 2001. He changed the name from Holland to Heritage and Mike [for whatever reason] got pushed out of the picture and then Paul Cochrane was hired to design and build those wonderful amps under the Heritage name... Mike was a great guy and a very creative amp builder. I miss seeing his amps

3. doghouseman

doghouseman Member

KMD 1X12 with the two 6L6s and the Celestions. Great clean amp. SS pre amp but that didn't matter. I would imagine you could find one of these for less than 100 dollars.

4. Termigator308

Termigator308 Member

Straub Twisted Triode, only 13 made according to Harry. "SMOKING" little fire breather she is!

5. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

He makes a World Class Amp.! .....well, he makes several of them.:aok