And, of course, Glaswerks! :dude

All of these make my day!

S.
j

Hulakatt

Supporting Member
pssht! amateurs...

DeArmond 1x10 and 1x12
Like a 5e3 with clean and sparkle up til drive and a bottom end made of granite and marble.

Hulakatt

Supporting Member
Garnets aren't really comman from what I've seen but I know Randy Bachman was a fan. That's a Garnet on "American Woman".

HHB

I had a KMD 100 watt head, cant remember the model but it was great, dual channel w/ verb, made in the UK. it was the former Allman Bros harp amp when Johnny Neel was in the band

silentbob

I have a Traynor Guitar Mate 3 that sounds great once you crank it. I've been trying to decide if I want to add a master volume or just sell it.

Ampegasaur

Jim Kelley
Fatboy
Demeter
Lee Jackson
Sovtek Mig-60
Bogen PA amps
Carlsboro
Sundown (some)
Bedrock
Airline

Ulysses

Here's six "killer sounding amps", all little talked about or "obscure" on this forum and almost all cost less than $500. Another unique feature is all these tiny amps except for one weigh less than 10 lbs., have 8" speakers, and only three tubes total (1 preamp ,1 power, 1 rectifier).

sound clip:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=589296&content=songinfo&songID=5100928

Amps as heard (and seen):

0:00-0:54 1961 Gibson GA-5
0:55-1:22 1962 Supro Super
1:23-1:49 1956 Gibson BR-9
1:49-2:16 1958 Alamo Model 3
2:16-2:43 1964 Univox U45B
2:43-end 1959 Supro

Keep in mind this is the same guitar on each amp, I find it amazing how much the guitar's voice changes from amp to amp. I played drums, bass, and all guitar tracks recorded through two Coles 4038 mics set 8' apart in the center of the room. No close mics, no EQ, straight to inexpensive project-grade digital recorder. The rhythm guitar track is on the Gibson GA-5 amp.

Unabender

Here's six "killer sounding amps", all little talked about or "obscure" on this forum and almost all cost less than $500. Another unique feature is all these tiny amps except for one weigh less than 10 lbs., have 8" speakers, and only three tubes total (1 preamp ,1 power, 1 rectifier).
"Unique" like just about every Fender Champ...

teleamp

Vox Pathfinder, obscure in an overlooked and unimportant way, great amp though, but it will more than likely be ignored by a large percentage of this audience.

Trending Topics