• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Most Versatile Earthquaker Reverb

JackedEagle

Earthquaker doesn't do a reverb where you can choose between plate, hall, spring, etc. What would be their most versatile reverb for overall general reverb use?

Dandy13

No level knob though?
I havent missed having one. The mix knob is there to control the wet/dry mix.. it sets real well in the mix without having an overall volume control if thats what you mean. There is actually a lot of control imo with the 4 knobs and the short/long switch. The sounds are pretty conventional compared to transmisser and afterneath which only really do their own unique sound.

I’ve had them all.

Versatility wise, I would say ghost echo. Not because it does a lot of sounds, but the sound it does fits most situations.

It’s platey, it’s springy, it works REALLY well after delay. It never fights other effects.

Fwiw, I didn’t like the levitation at all. It took everything I like about the pt2399 and turned it onto it’s head so that I wouldn’t like it. Metallic, brash, not fun for me. The opposite of lush. Far from friendly. It might work for some.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
I would agree. Of the EQD offerings, Levitation is the most versatile reverb and the mix control is better than a level control IMO.

It’s a great plate meets spring reverb. Works well for both high gain and low gain music. If you’re not interested in a multi mode reverb the Levitation is a good option. I can’t live without a spring reverb though so I have both the Levitation and a Topanga.

The Afterneath and Tranmisser are more specialized for huge ambient tones. The Levitation can do the ambient thing but not nearly as huge. And I’ll take the OBN Procession reverb purely for ambient anyday (also have that one).

The Ghost Echo is great and I wouldn’t kick one off my board but I found the Topanga to be a little more authentic and surfy.

So yeah, Levitation for versatility.

chandra

Ghost Echo is probably that. It's such a popular reverb for a reason.

The Afterneath is also good, but that's a versatile reverb for big reverbs only. If you want spacey, huge halls, cathedrals, ambience, it'll cover your big reverb needs.

5cr33nager

I like the levitation reverb better than the Ghost Echo. The mix knob & tone knob help The Levitation from being to metallic for my taste. I wish the Ghost Echo had the same layout as the Levitation.

Cheers

Trending Topics