Most versital 1 to 5 watt amp.

Artjr

Silver Supporting Member
im wanting to get something small that has big sound. Cleans and Dirty. I'm thinking about a vox ac4 and just pedal it for distortion. Not looking to spend anymore than $300 new or used

Last edited:

guitargeezer

Gold Supporting Member
Class 5 or Pro Junior
The Pro Junior is a loud 15 watts. Great little amp, though. Blackstar has a 1 watt head, but I haven't tried one. It is in your price range...if you have a speaker cab. Or, it's also available as a combo with an 8" speaker.

You might want to try one of the new Marshall Code amps (at your price point even for the 50 watt combo), one of the Fender Mustangs or a Fender Super Champ XD (or the 5 watt Vibro Champ). I know all those options are much bigger than 5 watts, but they have a lot of flexibility for cleans and dirt at lower volume levels.

Last edited:

garret

VHT Special 6 Ultra. Clean, boost and gain. Can be had on the cheap, mod friendly.

FFTT

Too bad on your budget.

The Gries 5 is perfect.

1 watt, you might look at the Red Iron Amps Lil Mo.

Roland G88

I have an AC-4 and it does the trick. I clipped the C4 and C20 caps to open up the tone and is well worth it. You can find a handy pictorial on 'MyLesPaul.com'. I put an old Mesa 8ohm speaker in it for kicks and it will almost hang with a band now. For $289.00 it can't be beat and it's fun and easy to mess around with.

FFTT

Keep your eye peeled for a used Emery Sound Super Baby or Micro Baby too.

Will be more than you want to spend, but very good quality.

Artjr

Silver Supporting Member
I found a ibanez tsa15. I like it has effects loop , 5 watt switch and basically 2 channels all in a compact box.

Trending Topics