Mouldycaster #2

DamianP

Some pics of my second home made guitar.

Some specs:
Alder back, Ash top
As hollow as I could make it
Lollar p90
TV Jones Classic plus

Comments/critisism welcomed.

,Damian.

erksin

I dig it! Killer color scheme (I'm big on tortoise guards), very cool inlays, nice choice of pups, very stylish and functional.

One minor niggle - that bridge pup needs a mounting ring IMO. Otherwise, it's perfect - nice job!

DamianP

Thanks E.

There are still a couple of small things to do.

Pickup ring is one of them!

erksin

Forgot to add - LOVE the Swamp Ash top...

And - how did you get the D and G strings to align with the skunk stripe at the headstock? Looks very pro, D!

erksin

Also forgot -

You need to put your name on that thing - a guitar that nice will get lots of attention! Mouldytone..?

DamianP

If only I`d been as clever with the low E.:)

I became impatient trying to come up with a logo that I liked and decided I couldn`t wait any longer. Maybe on the next one.

,Damian.

trisonic

By 'eck, Damian, I'd play it!
Beautiful finish. Choice Pick ups too, good taste!

Best, Pete.

DamianP

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Still the honeymoon period but I am pretty happy with it. I only strung it up because I was impatient to hear it and 2 weeks later I`m reluctant to strip it down and finish it. (It plays well considering I havn`t dressed the frets yet !)

The filtertron is very sweet especially with a bit of gain. Although the 2 pickup position is possibly my favourite...very good for my hamfisted funk meanderings.

Now I`m of to the dungeon to plan my next contraption.:)

,Damian.

DamianP

Thank you all for your kind words.

I think I might try something with a carved top and humbuckers next, maybe with some real binding as I don`t have a guitar with any of those features.

This is a great place for inspiration. So many amazing builders to inspire me to improve.

,Damian.

Trending Topics