Mounting a sansamp to the bottom of a pedaltrain Jr?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jacksonmillr, May 10, 2015.

1. jacksonmillr

jacksonmillr Member

I was thinking... Im gonna use a JoYo American Sound, always on, and i want to use a pedaltrain Jr (all the extra space i can get is awesome) so why not mount it to the bottom? Has anyone done this? It seems like it would be pretty easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. bo13bo

bo13bo Member

I used industrial strength Velcro from Walmart to mount a Voodoo Labs 4x4 under my pedaltrain 1. If you are worried that Velcro wouldn't hold, use the 3m dual lock - don't use too much though as it will be near impossible to pull apart.

3. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

Sounds like a good idea, but won’t you miss tweaking it? I use the Blonde and tweak it every single gig . . .

4. Daka3

Daka3 Member

+1. I hear the Character series has a very high tweakability factor. In fact, the controls are supposedly very, very sensitive.

Having a similar unit underneath a board may save you some space, but it could surely bring you loads of agony in return, when you're on your knees at the gig, turning the board over to administer minuscule tweaks all the time.

I wouldn't do such a thing.

5. meowmers

meowmers Member

I wouldn't do it either. You're going to need to tweak it often depending on where you're playing.

Even if you're always at the same gig, it just helps that there's some fiddling of knobs

6. jacksonmillr

jacksonmillr Member

Yeah, i guess... I knew their was a reason i wasnt thinking of haha

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I'd consider it. You can lift up the board, tweak for the venue, then set it down and play. I'd probably use zip ties to hold it on.