Mounting the reverb pan in a Fuchs ODS headshell - help please?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jeffinaustin, Jun 7, 2008.

1. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

I need to install the reverb pan in my Fuchs headshell and haven't done it before. Do I just put screws through the grometted openings, or do I mount it through the ones without the grommets? Is it best to put the connectors facing forward or backwards in orientation?

2. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

If you don't have groumets, I would use a small washer. The reverb leads should point to the front of the amp.

3. jeffinaustin

I have the grommets.. Do I just use those mounting holes only, or do i put screws through all of them?

4. BudLite

I don't think the head uses the groumets, I'll post some pic's fur ya
    You can see the 2 studs coming from the bottom of head enclosure

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  5. jeffinaustin

Thanks for posting those! I looked in the package and those two screws are all that's in it.

However, this was Andy's response to my question. Sounds different that what you're picture shows. What would you do?

<<Jeff, a # 6 wood screw, ½ or ¾&#8221; long with a cup washer (Home Depot stuff),should be used to mount the pan.
    The pan is screwed-in from the inside, do not over tighten screws (pan floats on the rubber grommets), output end
    should be closest to the input jack side of the amp. Sorry for the mixup.
    AF>>

6. BudLite

I didn't have any problems w/ the head enclosure on 2 screw studs. I like the groumets as well as it provides a little suspension(more useful in a combo) But if you have to drill the holes in the head enclosure, you may need a offset drill, as you will be pressed for room. I would look at your head enclosure and use the studs if they are there or use whatever holes are pre-drilled.

7. jeffinaustin

Thanks for your help bro!

8. merkaba22

merkaba22 Member

I found this thread while researching reverb pan placement for a hardwood head shell cab I am making for a conversion of a Concert (II).

The pic above shows the reverb pan mounted in the Fuchs head shell with what seems to be only about 3/8" clearance from a transformer -- the dimension interests me since it is tested and at least allows the cab height to be lower.

The production head for the Concert (II) is about 10.78" but I am planning a large screen covered opening in the base of the head cab and a reduced size back panel to compensate for a solid hardwood front panel (w/o a grill) which would otherwise limit the circulation.

But if I were to use the Fuchs as a template with the .375" in clearance, remove the Concert (II) reverb pan and discard the vinyl bag as shown above, I could cut down of the overall height by about .5" -- anybody have any observations about the desirability of doing this?

Did the OP go back and install rubber groumets? Was there a perceived improvement/benefit?