Mounting Underneath a Pedaltrain - Brackets Needed?

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
About to receive my Pedaltrain Terra and want to mount the following items underneath the board. Not sure if I need to buy brackets for any of them or if strong dual lock will suffice. The only thing that's heavy is the power supply (4lbs). Everything else is fairly light weight.

Yankee HS-M24 Power Supply
2x Voodoo Labs Hex Switchers
RJM Phantom Power Box
Midi Solutions Quadra Thru
Sound Sculpture Volcano
Empress Midi Box

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely the power supply, the other items dual lock would probably be fine.
Yes, dual lock should hold the power supply, but once you get it all wired up, why take any chances?

lostpoet2

Silver Supporting Member
I think dual lock would suffice-that Yankee power supply is very long and you could put an incredible amount of dual lock on it if you had to. I have a Nova 18 pedalboard where with a Fuel Tank Chameleon (I know, it's small) attached via dual lock. I can pick up the entire board though by grabbing any of the pedals, and I know the entire board with pedals weighs more than 4 lbs.

DaveKS

All the Yankee have screw hole mounting tabs so there's usually a way to screw them down. But yea, dual lock that down and it ain't going no where.

Once you put dual lock down, let adhesive cure for recommended 24hrs before you go trying to pull stuff apart, testing it. After that it's on there. You mess with that adhesive bond before it's fully cured you can screw it up.

ColonelForbin

The brackets are very light weight themselves; they work quite well! I've got three sets for three Voodoo Lab power supplies under a PT-pro..

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTVDLMK

underboard_zpsfbq0boja.jpg

Black_Label

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a fan of the brackets, just to be sure it's all secured. But I used to have a PT Pro with a giant MXR/CAE power supply dual locked underneath it and when I tried to get that power supply off it was like trying to pick up Thor's hammer.

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a fan of the brackets, just to be sure it's all secured. But I used to have a PT Pro with a giant MXR/CAE power supply dual locked underneath it and when I tried to get that power supply off it was like trying to pick up Thor's hammer.

Yeah in my experience dual lock is super strong I think I'll get away without the brackets; I can always install them later on if I notice the power supply ever slipping.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom