Mouse in the corner or guitar tech - What group would you choose?

ddeand

Silver Supporting Member
For various reasons, I've had time to do a lot of random youtubing lately - revisiting tunes from college days and beyond. Of all the stuff I've watched, there's one group for which I would have liked to be present for their recordings, practices, video shoots, rehearsals, etc. - The Traveling Wiburys.

Who's your group?

The Captain

Too easy, John Mayer or JJ Cale, Jack White.
I know enough about recording to know it's like operating rooms. It seems glamorous, but really, it's mostly tedious.
I see John and Jack as being much quicker and more creative and JJ Cale was just a dude.

Wyzard

Neither Here Nor There
Gold Supporting Member
Yes.

I just want to listen in on all the arguments and petty fighting, especially the ones about turning up to rehearsal or recording while drunk/stoned/Napoleonic/pre-menstrual.

slybird

I can't think of any musical sessions that I can think of interests me that much. I just can't imagine I would gain anything by watching the creative process of someone else.

Lef T

Any Hendrix session!

Yeah,but on this particular day when we're doing Electric Ladyland,I'm sitting at the console
with Eddie and Jimi is out on the floor working on a tune.
I hear Jimi through the talkback asking what Eddie and I think.
He's thinking of calling it Hoodoo Child.
I say how about Voodoo Child.
Jimi laughs and the rest is history.

ripple

With Kung Fu Grip and Lifelike Hair
Gold Supporting Member
For me it's Zeppelin.

Their albums always held a special mystique for me as a kid, and there was so little gear/recording info available at the time, which especially added to the enigmatic nature of LZ III, LZ IV and Physical Graffiti.

Would've loved to have been in the control room, to see their faces for the first playback of Stairway...

King Crimson during the 1974 Red sessions and/or the 1981 Discipline sessions.

Mahavishnu - the 1973 "Between Nothingness and Eternity" concert and/or the 1974 "Visions of the Emerald Beyond" expanded band format recording sessions.

deejaid

Silver Supporting Member
I don't think I'd want to be present for any as a fan. David Gilmour mentioned this. He never got to experience Dark Side of the Moon the way we all did. Our first time hearing it was as a finished masterpiece. He heard it in bits and pieces.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom