• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Movie Soundtrack / Guitar

dustinblatnik

In your opinion as a guitarist, what are some movie soundtracks that have epic guitar playing? Is there one that you think is the best? ...when it comes to amazing guitar playing?

buzzp

Coming from a guitar player who takes influence and inspiration from non guitar parts... I love it when soundtrack type melodies work their way into my music, so anthemic

s_brink

Back in the '90s there was a PBS Frontline documentary called 'The Farmer's Wife' done by David Sutherland. Reeves Gabrels did the soundtrack. Lots of haunting guitar work there.

s2y

I must admit that Sons of Guns has some nice guitar work going on. :huh

taez555

When I was a kid I loved the Top Gun soundtrack for guitar. You gotta admit, that's some damn good playing by Steve Stevens. :)

Let's see, what else...

- Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
There's some killer stuff on there, including Nuno and Dweezil

- The Princess Bride
All Mark KNopfler

Actually Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey is even better with the guitarist roster...
Vai, King's X, Ritchie Kotzen, Reb Beach, Primus, Marty Friedman, Kiss, etc

speedyone

Silver Supporting Member
The Movie "The Wall" featuring Pink Floyd....

(probably doesn't count)

Otherwise, "Crossroads" and as previously mentioned "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey"

Great minds think alike!

:)

JSeth

ANY of Ry Cooder's soundtrack s are great and always have wonderful playing... but the one I like the most, and it is often overlooked was Streets of Fire... not a bad movie, kind of a Rock and Roll fable...

The music is all trio stuff... just roots Rock; Jimkeltner on drums, Tim Drummond on bass and Ry on guitar... sounds like he's playing through an old Deluxe that's dimed... a GREAT primer on basic Rock and Roll playing!

harmonicator

Larry Carlton composed some haunting melodies and chordal arrangements for the score to Against All Odds...the 1984 flick with Jeff Bridges, Rachel Ward, and Jimmy Woods.

partytrain

28 days later has some really atmospheric guitar throughout the movie, really adds to the feeling. And in the last scene, really intense driving guitar (also used in kick-ass when big daddy is burning the building down.)

Trending Topics