• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mr. Black LTD Distortion

Malatesta

No demos of this box online except for a couple clips on Mr Black's site, so I thought I'd throw something up. Nasty, sloppy distortion, but it tightens up through EMGs(switching between EMG 85 and 60 in the clip). Not a ton of range out of it, and it's certainly voiced for heavier styles. It can get your typical loose doom and stoner sounds, but it also works pretty well for a more traditional metal crunch.

Ruiner

Nice demo! I wonder how this compares with his Thunder Claw... not any good demos of that last time i checked either

Malatesta

Wish I could answer that, but I haven't had the chance to play a Thunderclaw. From what I have heard, it sounds quite a bit tighter than the LTD Distortion does, and can clean up quite a bit too. Probably a wider range of sounds with the two tones controls. On the LTD Distortion you are basically locked into the general voicing, with the tone knob providing any high end you need to cut through depending on your rig.