Mr. Black Supermoon fans, come in here.

So, I've been a BIG supermoon fan for a while.
I've owned:
2 chromes
1 black
1 bloodmoon
1 MS

That said, I just grabbed both Eterna's during the black friday sale, and I'm blown away. First off, I HATE shimmer with a passion, so I turned it down all the way.

THERE IT IS. The sound I've been looking for. It's extremely ambient, but without the distant sounding extreme size of the supermoon. It just works great for me. The Gold model has this infinite sound that is almost "industrial" in a way. It sounds like a machine, like beautiful white noise. I never thought I would like the eternas. I bought them on a whim because they were cheap. I sure am glad I did. Outstanding. ATM, I don't really miss the sway and modulation of the SM series either. Hopefully, this will open a few people who hate shimmer to the eterna series.

So, I've been a BIG supermoon fan for a while.
I've owned:
2 chromes
1 black
1 bloodmoon
1 MS

That said, I just grabbed both Eterna's during the black friday sale, and I'm blown away. First off, I HATE shimmer with a passion, so I turned it down all the way.

THERE IT IS. The sound I've been looking for. It's extremely ambient, but without the distant sounding extreme size of the supermoon. It just works great for me. The Gold model has this infinite sound that is almost "industrial" in a way. It sounds like a machine, like beautiful white noise. I never thought I would like the eternas. I bought them on a whim because they were cheap. I sure am glad I did. Outstanding. ATM, I don't really miss the sway and modulation of the SM series either. Hopefully, this will open a few people who hate shimmer to the eterna series.
I 2nd this!!! I've been through so many high end reverbs and the Eterna with the shimmer turned all the way down is by far the best sounding for a massive ethereal, cathedral 'verb. It sits JUST right under your dry signal and the decay is gorgeous!!! I have the "stained glass" version and it looks as cool as it sounds.

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Supermoon Chrome. There are some really great reverbs in that little box. I probably use it differently than most though. Typically I have the sway off and the decay at about 9oclock and the reverb at about 8oclock. It is great for adding just a bit of depth to my gain and overdriven tones and of course I can have all of the shimmer and huge reverb any time I feel the need.

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
Interesting about the Eterna. I recently bought a Supermoon and love it. Very thick and a good easy to control range from subtle to extreme.

gearscrubs

I have an Eterna Gold Mod that I rarely use because the onset of the shimmer is too abrupt. I'll have to try just the reverb.

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
Dig the Supermoon a ton. I'd love to hear an example of what you're talking about in regards to the controls and zeroing out the shimmer. Could you post some audio or point me in a direction of that?

ellsworthman

The Geezer of Gear
Gold Supporting Member
I got the Supermoon and Eterna during the Black Friday sale, and I did the same thing that the OP is talking about with the Eterna. It sounds great that way.

modavis99

Gold Supporting Member
Mr black fan here. I love my supermoon and dark echo. I have my Eterna for sale now - just not for me

scatto

Sat on the fence debating the Eterna ... just didn't think I use the shimmer enough to justify, but did grab the Bloodmoon. It's fantastic.:aok
May need to reconsider the Eterna.:huh

zzzzzzz

Silver Supporting Member
Yup I love the mr black reverbs. I've got the Eterna, supermoon chrome and bloodmoon. I'm considering letting go of either the chrome or the blood moon but can't decide which.

I've had the big sky, flint, wet, RV-3/5/6, talisman and Mr black is at the top of the heap. the only downside to mr black reverbs is no trails.. bummer but they are still the best. Kinda wish they were stereo as well but that's just icing on the cake for me

Blooby

I probably use it differently than most though. Typically I have the sway off and the decay at about 9oclock and the reverb at about 8oclock. It is great for adding just a bit of depth to my gain and overdriven tones and of course I can have all of the shimmer and huge reverb any time I feel the need.
This is how I use it as well. I find even with the sway off, it still modulates a bit, but I barely have the settings turned up. I love the reverb on my deluxe reverb, but I will often turn it off and use the Supermoon. I would say that says a lot about these.

Blooby

SurfGreenTele

Standard Supermoon is my fav reverb ever. I love that your initial guitar dynamics stay completely in tact no matter how extreme you set it. Just listen to Rackdoctor's vids...he uses it extensively. It even does a great spring verb sound at more subtle settings, and it brightens up a little when you roll the sway all the way off.

I'd like to try the Eterna...I too cringe at shimmer sounds, so that's good to know it's a strong verb with the shimmer off.

Trending Topics