Mr. Lead Singer, do not walk up to me and play air guitar while I'm playing a solo

Litterick

I remember being in the audience for Genesis at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham in February 1984. The band wanted everyone to enjoy the songs from their latest album, but much of the crowd wanted to hear the old stuff. Phil Collins wanted to sing his songs; the longtime fans wanted to hear Peter Gabriel's. Doubtless, Genesis thought Genesis was their best album yet, but the old hippies thought otherwise. We youngsters, who liked the new album, were a minority. It was awkward.

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Kinda off topic, but at one huge outdoor gig we played many years ago, there was a sign language interpreter in front of the stage for the HOH attendees.

When I ripped into a particularly awesome solo in one song, she was overtaken by the moment and absolutely air-guitared along with me. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

art_z

Silver Supporting Member
What if the singer picks you up during the solo?

Attachments

• 7D1C2BC6-03CB-43C9-9E7E-35A8F09F259B.jpeg
    7D1C2BC6-03CB-43C9-9E7E-35A8F09F259B.jpeg
    494.9 KB · Views: 3

sleshnyc

Silver Supporting Member
I also like when they talk to the audience during my solo.
But the number one move? Pointing their microphone at the strings of my guitar.

chirills

Certainly a cringy move, but I feel like it's going a little too hard to instantly write them off as a band you would ever gig with again. They don't know your preferred stage dynamic at all, and I'm sure if you just told the singer politely to refrain from doing this in the future he would be fine with it.
Singers do as they please, especially if they're decent. Guitar players are easily replaceable. Bands are supposed to be fun.

RhytmEarl

I'm a few months late but if the OP is still reading this I have only one thing to say.

OMG ru OK?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom