Mr tweed deluxe, where have you been all my life?

colinesquire

Just scored a nicely built clone from a small company in Texas. Top of the line components, mercury trannies, aged cab and a jensen p12n. Never played one before but wow! I played a bandmaster reverb for years and currently have an ampeg j20 (which is basically a brown deluxe) and the tweed is the perfect complement. Now i get all the talk. My tele never sounded better. Gretsch seems to prefer the ampeg but I can make it work as I like raunchy fuzzed out tones.

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
I totally agree with you regarding the Tweed Deluxe. Earlier this year, I scored an original 1955 Fender Tweed Deluxe, man what a great sounding amp!
I never had experienced an amp with such simplicity, pouring out gorgeous pure tone it's truly an amazing amp.

colinesquire

Thanks gang! Really all I have ever looked for in an amp. Just sounds and feels right. I have a 60s sg special that sounds great through it too, but have been digging the lower output tele & gretsch pickups as of late.

Bodhisattva

Silver Supporting Member
:agree

....however....

Tweed + mahogany with P90s = :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

if i'd had a 5E3 at age 13, my life would have turned out different.

cheers,
wade

I'm new to the Tele+Tweed thing and am certainly smitten. I've seen a couple of your posts about a the tweed+ mahogany guitar with p-90s. Sounds great, but what kind of guitar would that be? I'm a fender guy. Might be common on Gibsons. Want to know more.

Thanks

ATL Strat

I built a 5E3 last year. The more time I spend with it, the more tones I'm finding and the more I love it. Great little amps.

TD_Madden

KotWF
LP Jr or LP Special

I'm new to the Tele+Tweed thing and am certainly smitten. I've seen a couple of your posts about a the tweed+ mahogany guitar with p-90s. Sounds great, but what kind of guitar would that be? I'm a fender guy. Might be common on Gibsons. Want to know more.

Thanks

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
Tweed + Tele = Heaven

I tend to agree!

TeleTweed.jpg

Fuzz_Mountain

i just got a 5e3 build. I was absolutely blown away with the sounds coming out of this thing. Put an attenuator between the amp and the speaker and you get gigantic sounding dirty tones at bedroom volume.

Bikedude

I've been getting very similar sounds out of my Dr. Z Monza 1x10 combo. With the brake lite and a 52AVRI Thin Skin i'm coaxing some amazing tone out of this thing, on a little louder scale than a 5e3 circuit, but there is some "tweed" mojo going on in this little Monza. And the Eminence Red Fang Alnico sounds fabulous in this little monster of an amp.

Top Bottom