MTS Amps being discontinued by Randall

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rod, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Fellow Mts users..Randall is stopping production, but the good news is that Egnater will be starting new production later this year.

2. jbvan

jbvan Member

Wow. I hope this is good news then. I love my Lynch box.

3. Dale

Dale Member

I always wanted one. Just not willing to go the price.

4. mike361

mike361 Member

I think a very underrated amp, I sure love mine.

5. k9blek

k9blek Member

Yes, underrated and actually very affordable these days used. I've seen the rm100's go for around $350-$400 on the randall forums ...that's a steal for a very good and versatile head. I love my RM22 as well.

6. padavis

padavis Supporting Member

I enjoyed my time with this stuff. I kinda feel like Randall could have marketed this stuff differently... I think they should have worked on selling the cleaner mods and the overdrive mods and they should have paid Jamie Johnson guitar player to use one instead of letting him use an Egnater Rebel 20. They seem like they drifted away from Egnater or the other way... and ahhh man missed opportunities in my mind... great stuff...

7. Rod

The Randall modular amps and stock modules are going for cheap right now on Ebay through Funky Munky Music and others. RM22 heads for $450. RM50 combos for $350!!! RM100 heads for $500

8. sweetrock

sweetrock Member

9. Rod

Well, not really... Egnater will pick up where Randall left off later this year,,,Have no fear... Great time to buy an RM50, 20, 22, 100, 4

10. jbvan

jbvan Member

Thanks Rod. I just picked up a few modules of ebay (Funky Munky Music and Squid Music). They have some good deals.

11. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

By "pick up" you mean Egnater will keep their MOD series and launch a new, budget modular series?

12. Mookyshoots

Mookyshoots Supporting Member

I get the feeling if they do bring them back in-house, it will be a new affordable "made in Asia" version of the Egnater modular series. They've been hitting every ball out of the park the last few years so I'm sure they would be revamped with a new twist or two (selectableable power tubes types for each channel like on the Renegade would be great) over the Randall models. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't be awesome.

I think Randall never did enough to market them and the Lynchbox was too little too late. I personally think the idea of an Egnater Lynchbox would be much more interesting if they decided to bring George over and continue the series.

13. Rod

You'll love the OD Special...That was my idea that got Rob [Jaded Faith] started on the Dumble tone. We originally called it Dumbledorf but changed it later to OD Special. I also have a Hot Rodded Marshall module and a Rockerverb 50 module that Jaded Faith did for me as well... Amazing tones abound!!!!!

14. Rod

Awesome!!! Glad I could help

15. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

I don't get this. They just released Scott Ian's sig amp and modules.
    I wonder if this has to do with their new partnership with Fortin.

16. Electric I

Electric I Member

Thanks for the heads-up.

In light of this info I picked up an SL+ over at the MTS forum. Got an RM20C that I haven't played in awhile & this gives me the reason I need to fire it up again.

Looking forward to new modules from Egnater.

17. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

I think this is based on what someone posted over at the Egnater/Rig-Talk forum. Nothing official from Egnater yet other than what someone heard from speaking to Ian Egnater directly at the NAMM show, and that's good enough for me; so it's not set in stone yet, but it's enough to make me salivate and patiently wait it out.
    Anything that would keep the quality of the Eggie modular line AND make it more affordable will be worth the wait. I just hope the E2 makes it to production.

18. gtr37

gtr37 Member

Thanks for the info Rod .I actually Just picked Up and RM22 and Munky hooked me up and loaded it with the Judge and Scary .after begging and pleading ..lol