Much stronger vibration on one string need help

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by oachs83, May 5, 2016.

1. oachs83

oachs83 Member

Hey guys i just bought a new Jackson Monarkh pro last week and the thing played like a dream. However i wanted a bit heavier sound so i put a set of power slinky 11 gauge strings on it. Well for some reason the action was needed to be set higher to eliminate buzz. I measured the bow in the neck before replacing strings and it has a very small bow maybe a 1/32 to 1/16 inch around the 7th and 9th frets. Very straight neck and loved how low it was which was the main reason i bought it. So this was before string change. After the bow in the neck hardly changed at all possibly a bit but very very slight. The intonation hardly needed adjustment as well. Never touched the truss rod. However the damn thing buzzed like crazy. I needed to set the action much higher to my liking so i said forget it and went back to 10 gauge. Well now i notice with the tens i cant seem to get the action as low as it once was or maybe its in my head? It is lower than the 11s but just doesn't feel like the same guitar.

The bigger problem though is the G string has massive vibration compared to the others. Plucked open it vibrates the neck much more. Fretting i feel it strong vibration under my fingers and this string buzzes. The tuners on this are JUNK and will be replacing them but i would think once i fret the string that would eliminate the tuner and the nut. Is it my saddle? I just want my guitar back the way it was i loved playing so much. This is a tune o matic bridge with stoptail. Please help!!