• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Muchos Gracias Hombres

Howdy Gear Heads,
The process to get this note posted almost beat me but I was determined.

Just want to say" Thanks" for the concern over my health and the positve comments about my instruments.
It was nice to see my name as a heading to click on.
The building is workable, rubbing out an LJ and I have two E-mandos in process. One of them is for Barry. I have a lot of orders to get caught up on ,some are new models, The LePlank ( flattop LJ's) and a maple neck bolt-on guitar ala the slant bass family. Thats all , I sure appreciate it.

Michael Stevens

ps Matte sent the link, said hey cowboy look at this

Pedro58

Supporting Member
From a fellow West-Texan (Yes, it's different from the rest of Tejas!), welcome back and God Bless!

Lex Luthier

Glad to hear you are doing better. Congrats on getting the new shop up and going. It was nice talking to you a couple years back at the Dallas Gtr show.

Luca Z

Hi Michael,

it's great to see you hear.

I'll call you one of these days to discuss more details on the LJ on order.

Jon, Michael among many other things founded the Fender custom shop, made guitars such as the first Clapton strat, the tele of Danny Gatton, designed the fantastic LJ (the first Fender set neck guitar), and so on...

Luca

matte

Originally posted by Jon Silberman
I'm glad to hear you're doing better but ... who are you?!
According to Dan Erlewine(have you ever heard of him?), Mike is the solid body luthier. While @ Fender, Mike built EC's Blackie replacements, with Blackie in hand for all the crucial measurements. Players from EC to Danny Gatton to Junior Brown(Are you familiar with either him or his guitsteel, which Mike built?) have relied on Mike for his extraordinary lutherial abilities.

drezdin

Glad to hear you are doing better. I've been watching your site for updates and I'm looking forward to seeing your new guitars. I hope to be lucky enough to own one some day.

VegasGreg

Supporting Member
Glad your feeling better, Mike.

I've lusted after one of your LJ's for a long while, and I'm glad I have the opportunity to get one now!

Stay healthy!

koamarlin

Originally posted by Jon Silberman
I'm glad to hear you're doing better but ... who are you?!

Oops!;)
Frankly spoken: I didn´t know myself....
But I´ve seen the guitars before - especially the doublenecks. And since I´m a doubleneck-freak myself, I´ve always admired the designs.
Now I know the man behind the Instruments!
Great work!

And:
- whatever it was in the past, that provokes the guys to "welcome you back":
All the best for the future, Michael Stevens!!!

Hey Michael, even though I've never had the opportunity to play one of your guitars I'm also a big fan of yours. I even have your book TEXAS TALES IN WORDS AND MUSIC. I dig your tunes on that included CD a lot.

Take care.

:cool:

Trending Topics