mulder audio speaker cable? no one talks about them anymore...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, May 7, 2008.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I bought one of these 2 years ago, they were the rage. THreads about them weekly! Then, TGP went down, lost a ton of threads.... Anyone still like their MA cable or did you like the EA siren cable more?

:BluesBros

2. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Siren for me, not a bright top-endy as the mulder, fuller mids, stonger signal and more bass.

3. jrigg

jrigg Gold Supporting Member

I have never a/b'd the Evidence and the Mulder but I have Mulders in all my cabs and really dig what they do.

4. Seegs

Seegs Member

I have the Mulder and Siren and in my Fargen prefer the Mulder as it is more well balanced across the whole frequency spectrum...I hear the siren as voiced more in the mids than the Mulder...the siren II is more open sounding than the regular siren to my ears but I won't be changing as I'm really happy with the Mulders...I did perfer the siren in a middier voiced Badcat cub that I used to have...

both great it all depends on what you wanna hear...

Chow,
    Seegs

5. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

still using the mulder, just don't talk about them.

6. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

Still using the Mulder. I've got other speaker cables but they're very different lengths and so a comparison wouldn't be accurate.

7. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

8. jaimo

jaimo Member

mulder on most of my cabs. i was a total skeptic, but they do make a difference. varied results on speaker/cab combinations but always an improvement.

9. zzzezums

zzzezums Silver Supporting Member

still got mulder in my vibroking. sounds as good as ever.

10. Seegs

Seegs Member

Somehow I came across this thread and felt compelled to post and update some 4 years later...While I prefer the Mulder to the original Siren speaker cable the Siren II has been a game changer for me...

I have now switched over from my Mulders to the SirenII which is much more evenly balanced and not a mid heavy as the original Siren. All my combos speaker cabs and speaker cables are now Siren II.

I also prefer it to the Vovox Sonorus Drive which has more low mids and seems to cause my amp to break up earlier. This would be a perfect cable if I played with more gain than I do.

Chow,
    Seegs