Multi FX?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dezb1, Jan 22, 2012.

1. dezb1

dezb1 Member

After the Johnny Marr Jag post; I had a look at his stage gear and saw that he uses a Boss GT-5, and I know that one of my other heroes Will Sergeant uses an old boss me-10. So whatÂ’s the view on Multi FX?

Ps: Marr's rig...
    [​IMG]

2. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

Sadly this is a board that if posted in the "show us your pedalboards" thread, everyone would scroll right past it and think, "Noob.."

3. dezb1

dezb1 Member

my point was more about how all us 'bed room rock stars' turn our noses up at multi fx yet people at the top of the game use them to great effect... rather than a look at this picture i found thread, as i know it's been doing the rounds for a while. It was more to illustrate the use of guys like Marr. but the whole "noob" thing is just part of the snobbery I was talking about... keep rocking that hairbrush microphone youngster.

4. CE-2 Man

CE-2 Man Senior Member

That's the board from when he was touring with Modest Mouse I believe. That's not to say he isn't still using this set up now ofcourse.

Johnny Marr's sound from The Smiths was quite particular sounding cos of the decade it was recorded in, and Marr's always been a bit of an anti-guitar hero so it doesn't suprise me to find him getting his sounds out of a multi-fx. The man probably makes it all sound like tone soup anyway, he's a genius player.

5. teleclem

teleclem Member

You use what works for you.

Hey, he's got a better comp on there than most people.

6. dezb1

dezb1 Member

aye... it is the modest mouse board, he's still using the GT-5 but he's had it sprayed silver with JM-01 wrote in red. we all kind of have the opinion it's single pedals or multi but not a combination of the two as used to great effect by the man...