Multi Guitar stands?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by axavm, Feb 17, 2012.

1. axavm

axavm Member

Hey, not sure the best area of the forum to post this, but I'll be looking for an affordable multi guitar stand. I will be using 1 electric, 1 acoustic and 1 12 string acoustic (both are fairly slim) guitars that will need to sit on a stand during a set, aside from the 1 electric I will mostly play.

Any recommendations? Are the folding ones worth the extra bucks?

2. Crowbar

Crowbar Member

I don't like mine. I holds 3 guitars but it is a bit clumsy. The headstocks touch and you gotta keep the little rubber strap on them or they might fall off because they have to sit up very straight. This is the kind made of metal tube, a straight shaft on a tripod base and the guitars sit on horseshoes. I had another one that held only 2 guitars, it was particularly bad, it wanted to fall over with only one guitar on it.

3. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

Hercules makes the best stands for the money, IMO.

I have a 5-guitar stand that is LIGHTYEARS better than a Roadrunner or Proline.

4. mikebu

mikebu Member

5. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I have a folding, Fender-style one made by Gator that I have been using for the past 5 years or so, and I've never had a problem. I use it in small, crowded club stages, big stages and in the studio. I feel safer about my guitars not getting knocked over than I ever did with any other stands. The guitars do not come close to touching and they are very stable when they are all loaded in the stand.

Here's a pic from a recent studio session. BTW, the prescription bottle in the background is for my fingerpicks that I use with my National. I also use those bottles to protect my glass slides.:p
    [​IMG]

Here's another shot in the same studio on a different day where I was dying with a cold and the Dayquil saved my butt.
    [​IMG]

6. nrandall85

nrandall85 Member

These things are the BEST. To top it off, there's no strange rubber material that could potentially interact with laquer finishes.

7. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

I have one. It is easier to deal with than individual stands. It is in a club right now, I just got home from playing. Beats the hell out of carrying mutiple single guitar stands. It takes up less room and is more compact. And it simply folds up, doesn't need disassembled.
    I have one in my studio as well. Can't beat em.

8. DreamSeller

DreamSeller Member

9. hp29

hp29 Member

Rockstand by Warwick for me.
    [​IMG]

Comes in several models for 3, 5 and 7 guitars. Also available for only acoustics if you need more spacing between the guitars. When folded they are flat enough to take next to none space in your car.

10. Sweetfinger

Sweetfinger Supporting Member

Rockstand or Hercules. There are some things you don't skimp on. Moon floss, kitchen knives, guitar stands....

11. cbpickin

Are those stable? When I have used one that is already on stage somewhere, they feel unstable and like you have to set everything just right or it will flip over.

12. s2y

s2y Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stable enough. It won't fall over on its' own. Anything will tip if not level and/or pushed hard enough.

13. cbpickin

I hear what you're saying, but I've slid/moved my briefcase style stand across the stage loaded with 3 guitars to reposition it during load-in and it really can't flip over unless you made a very direct, concerted effort to do so. Bumping into the briefcase will not tip it.

14. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

Mine is similar to this one. It also takes no more space on stage, as far as actual floor space, then a couple tripod stands. And it sits behind an amp or against the wall easily along with being much harder to knock over than tripod stands.

15. nrandall85

nrandall85 Member

Yeesh..... I just looked up the price of those Gator tweed cases. I got mine for $40 from a local store. Not quite sure I would have paid $100+.

16. cbpickin

I think I paid $69 for mine; I have no idea what they go for now. I do know I went with the Gator because the Fenders were really expensive.

17. nrandall85

nrandall85 Member

Just found the GFS copy of the Gator copy of the Fender. It's about $90 for a six guitar stand, and I'd put money on all three being made in the same factory.

18. strat56

strat56 Supporting Member

19. axavm

axavm Member

Those GFS stands are nice, but 6 is overkill. I wonder why they don't do other sizes?

20. axavm

axavm Member

Thanks for the suggestions, looking at these now...