Multi-pedals are for the devil!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Stratsolo, Jan 28, 2019.

1. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

Have you met this one?

[​IMG]

Cgkindler, ucnick, johnkoz and 3 others like this.
  2. Kingpin2

Kingpin2 Member

Love my Boss MS3 - very flexible!

3. mac jones

mac jones Member

This way, everyone is happy. What's not to like? All companies don't sell them as they couldn't sell you single effects. Not cost effective.

But then again, it's quality of the effects YOU want to use. Hit or miss perhaps.

4. juri

juri Member

Maybe this is the first victim of the Mooer ge300?

LeicaBossNJ likes this.
  5. Squatch57

Squatch57 Member

I used the UE300 a lot in the 90's. Great unit, and it taught me how to properly hate Tube Screamers
    I think it's handy to have a multi to spare in your kit. I usually take my Zoom 8080 to gigs and jams for a spare
    Those times when you have unexpected jammers turn up you can just tell them to use the Zoom (and watch them squirm)
    Some of the old multis you see are worth grabbing for chump change

[​IMG]

Cgkindler and MoarGear like this.
  6. Flouncingfleasbag

Flouncingfleasbag Member

Ahahahahahaha... it's me and two other fellas, one with some weirdo/ cheapo toy mic that does pitch shifted vocals and 80's hip hop sounds.

7. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

I wonder if they’ll have to push out the release date to rewrite code and delete everyone else’s embedded policies. LOL

8. mrz80

mrz80 Member

I sold all my separates and went with a GT-8 years ago and have never been happier. Other than two glaring faults (both of which I could fix by inserting a couple standalones into the -8's effects loop) I've been able to dial up pretty much every sound I could ever need.

Oh, and since I only play at church, I guess my multi is for God. :D

diego.fresh likes this.
  9. wire-n-wood

wire-n-wood Member

Agreed. I can imagine the person that likes the complexity. But it ain't me.

10. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Member

I love those; bought mine in 1980; with my Echoplexes (and later a DDL) the UE300 gave me everything I needed for thousands of gigs & sessions over nearly fifteen years' time. One of 'em got stolen in NYC in '87; luckily I had a backup.

GeorgeNada, MoarGear and Squatch57 like this.
  11. Squatch57

Squatch57 Member

People don't sell the UE300's either..I've only seen one on ebay over here in the last 8 years.

eclecticsynergy likes this.
  12. Steven

Steven Member

I´ve done my fair share of multi effect pedals, the latest was the Timeline and Mobius. I liked the Timeline but I couldt bond with the Mobius. It sounded good, some of the effects was very good - but not exactly what I wanted. Sold the Timeline and Mobius and got me an H9 instead in an effort to downsize. Realised that I dont like the modulation algos of the H9 very much. Now I´m using the H9 for delays and reverbs and some H909/949 detune sounds and ones in a while vibrato sounds, but I have a Vibemachine Univibe, a Mini Vent II Leslie, Henretta Autowah and a Supro tremolo on my board to handle modulation. I´m much more happy with dedicated modulation pedals than with a multi F/X. YMMV of cource.

13. LeicaBossNJ

LeicaBossNJ Silver Supporting Member

This one is worth the space.

[​IMG]

14. griggsterr

griggsterr Supporting Member

I tried a Helix and a HX effects, I didn't like the OD or dist tones. So I'm playing and liking my Boss GT 1000. We all have different ears I guess.

15. Bernardo G.

Bernardo G. Member

I have one and yes, it requires patience and time due to the huge possibilities it gives in terms of tweaking, but once you set it to your liking, there's no turning back, believe me!

So true!!! Probably this is why so many people still see multiFX as a "non-serious" devices.

16. Toby Krebs

Toby Krebs Member

Had every Boss/ Roland/M9-13/etc...unit and have used them and will continue for a while.However I have just finished two conventional boards with all my favorite pedals from Boss/Fulltone etc...on them and will be going with those during the busy gigging season with my Fender DRRI or Marshall Origin 50h.Writing a patch/scene blah blah for every change is becoming tiresome with time being in short supply. My plan is to start using the pedal boards for gigging and carry the multi effects for backup.We shall see how it goes.

17. CowTipton

CowTipton Member

I actually kept my OCD and my mini-Wah to use it in front of the Stomp.
    The modeled overdrives are very good (and the OCD model is very close) but I still prefer the pedal, plus it frees up an effects block in the Stomp.

I'm sure the GT 1000 is very good too. Boss has been killing it lately.

18. CowTipton

CowTipton Member

No option to use your multi-fx as a replacement for the pedal board (and also a handy backup just in case?)

19. EricOnTGP

EricOnTGP Member

Really? My presets sound different every time I pull them up. Maybe it's the temperature of the guitar, or the moisture of my ears, but I'm almost never happy with a preset twice.

20. Bigsby

Bigsby Member

Running a zoom g3x along with analog OD/Dist/boost gives me the best of both. The mfx is there for any wah, mod, time based or weird sounds I need. Plus its a tuner, and a quick backup in case of any problems.

ballynally and White Limo like this.