multi stompbox for chorus and octaver?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cracklepop, Mar 23, 2015.

1. cracklepop

cracklepop Member

Hi,
    looking to trying out different effects in combo, basically to experiment with chorus, flanger, octaver and delay. At this point not sure what is going to prevail so not wanting to spend too much cash, I am looking at the Line 6 Line 6 M5 (or other Line 6 offerings) or something like the Zcat Poly-Octaver/Chorus.
    Does the Line 6 offer multiple effects simultaneously?
    Are there better options?
    Anything else offering Octaver and Chorus modulation?
    Deluxe Memory Man sounds nice but will blow the budget when adding a capable octaver.

2. porticoguitar1

porticoguitar1 Member

I explored that same path a few years ago with the help of a Line6 M9. Is it amazing? No. Is there something better? Yes. However, for what it is at its price point, it will do three effects at a time, looper, banks, and all saved when you're done tweaking for later use. Eventually, I decided that I like the EHX POG2 and a Strymon Timeline. Not a cash-friendly decision, but I have had them on the board longer than anything else and now spend my time on the forums talking about gear instead of the ones selling gear.

3. cracklepop

cracklepop Member

nice. Makes complete sense.
    The timeline seems foremostly an echo/delay thing, rigtht?
    My order of pref would be Chorus, Octaver, Delay (maybe Flanger).
    My amps's got nice reverb and trem.
    So I'd be looking for a warm and tweakable chorus, an ok octaver (Micro POG more than enough) and (possibly analog sounding) delay, short delay times fine.

4. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Line 6 M9 can do multiple effects at a time.

5. superdave2001

superdave2001 Supporting Member

Zoom Multistomp MS-100BT. Does everything, put effects in whatever order you want (up to 6), and very very decent sounds.

6. Rockfiddler

Rockfiddler Member

What about the EHX Epitome? I can almost guarantee that the pitch tracking is better than the M9.

7. cracklepop

cracklepop Member

yeah, the Epitome caught my eye, too.
    But the Zoom really intrigued me as a cheapo soul seacher for experimentation; thanks for recommending, superdave.
    So I ordered one (not expecting much of the drive and amp models, though). Could imagine going for a POG, Epitome and/or Memory Man next or something entirely different, depending on what direction the Zoom takes me.

8. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member