Multiple Amps into 1 attenuator

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ericmb, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Junta

Junta Member

To save you from disaster on that unfortunate day you do not pay attention and forget to turn one amp off...

Radial makes top-notch pro gear.

Obviously you would put the attenuator between this and the speaker cab...

[​IMG]
    https://www.radialeng.com/product/headbone-vt

HotBluePlates likes this.
  2. scheffer

scheffer Supporting Member

For the record I have a Kahayan Midi switcher and use my UA OX as an attenuator in the insert bus section. Works exactly the way one would hope. Honestly it's been one of the best accessories, (If that's the right word), I've ever purchased for guitar. The fact that you can have your attenuator available to every amp or head which is plugged in is what made me choose it over the Ampete. (If the Ampete is able to do this and I'm wrong someone please correct me.)

3. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

I'm curious about how well the Kahayan works with multiple amps and using the output of the Kahayan to the OX. I'm considering getting one for my studio. Having to go back and forth between switching speaker cables/inputs is taking it's toll and I'm seeing how having everyone "on" and ready to go would be super useful.

4. scheffer

The nice thing about the Kahayan is that it has the "insert amp bus" that you can use for the OX rather than having to canibalize one of the speaker outputs. Right now I have 7 amps and 4 cabs hooked up to it along with the OX and everything works flawlessly. Most of the time I don't even turn on more than one amp at a time but when I do I haven't had any issues with noise or grounding. The Kahayan has been rock solid for me and being able to switch cabs on the fly has been fantastic.

tinkercity likes this.
  5. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

Very cool. If you wanted to though, it’s fine to run the speaker out to the OX right? I’m really only tracking direct these days at my home studio and would want the Kahayan for that.

6. scheffer

Yeah, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work just as well.

tinkercity likes this.