Multiple Delays and Order

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mikoo69, Dec 18, 2009.

1. mikoo69

mikoo69 Supporting Member

I have a Boss DD-2 set for really short delay, only one repeat.

I have a Boss DM-2 set for longer delay, more spacey, guitar solo/pink floyd type delay.

I have a Boss DD-6 that I use the Warp Function along with my volume knob to create swells and hold out notes. Essentially like a piano sustain pedal.

What order should i put them in?

2. DavidLopezJr

DavidLopezJr Member

Just mess with the order. Experminet you'll find what you like best and in the end that's all that matters. :) Also the places where you place them with different pedals to effect things.

3. sleepyone

sleepyone Member

Dd2 --> dd6 --> dm2

4. Tibbonds

Tibbonds Member

Totally depends what you want to get out of them.

First of all, will you ever be using more than one at a time? if not, then it doesn't even matter what order you put them in, except in the instance where youy put other pedals between them. Because you might like (for instance) the sound of one delay going into a phaser, but the phaser going into another delay.

If you do want to use more than one delay at a time, just have a play with different orders. It does make a difference, and there's no right or wrong. A slapback into a longer delay doesn't sound the same as the longer delay into the slapback. One's delaying the slap, the other's slapping the delay.

My personal rule of thumb is I tend to prefer short delay after long delay, but there are many others who like the exact opposite.