Multiple effects chains - played at one time

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Hammer-Time, May 11, 2015.

1. Hammer-Time

Hammer-Time Member

hi there, looking to layer sounds. It would be cool to develop two closely related sounds that sound good together. Like, I want some fuzzy muff, but also some clear punch at the same time. I don't want two amps, is that possible?

I know there's signal splitters, and also that some people put one guitar signal into two amps for this reason... but is there a way to just run two effects chains into the same amp? I don't really want to run/balance two amps, because I would just end up using two of the same amp since I'm not looking to add new amp flavor. Is it possible? If so, does it sound right?

2. asatbluesboy

asatbluesboy Member

One ABY box at the beginning and one at the end of the chain?

3. juzo

juzo Member

The Boss LS-2 should be perfect for this. You can also set the levels of both signal paths independently.

4. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

This.

5. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Wounded Paw and One Control also make parallel blenders.

4 signal paths in this one.
    [​IMG]

6. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Wow, that's intriguing. Can you explain the practical application behind this... like some ideas of how to use it / how it would be useful.

7. Hammer-Time

Hammer-Time Member

Thanks for the input guys! This got me searching with some different terms, really helpful. Here's something I just found:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0cl-jsgIWA

I'll still be watching for any other insight though

8. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

It's basically a mixer. A and B are alway parallel mixed, say put a fuzz and OD there. C and D can be in series, reversed series or in parallel blend mode, put a delay and reverb in those. A can also be dry through if you leave that loop empty.

Once you think about it a bit sure you could finds way to blend something.