• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Music/Bands everyone else likes that you don't

0_0

On the flipside yet again.

The one band I just don't quite seem to 'get' is Radiohead. I have nothing against them, I don't dislike them by any means, I think they do make very creative unique records but it hasn't really spoken to me in any sense. Maybe it will later on down the road and sometimes in life, for whatever reason, I will finally have that moment of finally getting it. Some friends of mine are Radiohead fiends. I've heard OK Computer and Kid A but the reason why I didn't find them appealing was I already listened to Autechre and Future Sound of London and the like for many years prior. I still think it's cool that lots of kids were into such experimental sounding music though.

A few more that I just don't get that seem to be popular

Father John Misty or any of those 'revival' bands that try and look like they were time traveled from 1973
Arcade Fire
The Black Keys
The Decemberists
Any "Verb the Noun" band, ala Cage the Elephant

Again, not hating on these bands at all, I know they are wildly popular with millions of fans and they can sell out theaters and arenas and their fans simply love their music. I am way too old to say "This band sucks!" just because it's not my thing, as I know if I listed some of my favorite bands here, other people would say the same thing like "I just don't get Cocteau Twins or Killing Joke"

That's what is neat about art. What sounds good to me sounds like nails on a chalkboard to someone else. I enjoy celebrating the difference of opinion we all have.

Last edited:

Gary J

Platinum Supporting Member
The Beatles.... they were amazing, I grant you, but I never listen to them, not since the late 70s.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
Very agnostic on the Foo Fighters. Listening to Grohl sing makes my throat hurt and every time I see 3 to 4 very well paid guitar players on a stage all playing the same power chords I start to think about ways to cut costs in my household budget and other labor/economic issues of the day

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
The song are just blah to me:

Joe B
Greta Van Fleet
Grand Funk Railroad
Most 60's bands (The Byrds, CCR, Cream)
Santana
Zappa
Velvet Underground
The Doors
Many. many more...
KISS
Grateful Dead
Talking Heads
Tom Petty
Ramones
RHCP
REM

scotth

Very agnostic on the Foo Fighters. Listening to Grohl sing makes my throat hurt and every time I see 3 to 4 very well paid guitar players on a stage all playing the same power chords I start to think about ways to cut costs in my household budget and other labor/economic issues of the day
The 1st album was awesome.

I couldn’t wait for the 2nd album and the 1st single. I remember Much Music building up the anticipation for the Monkey Wrench Video and then... . WTF is this crap?

I’ve never gone back to give the a second chance.

There’s the odd single on the radio that isn’t horrible, but none of has any soul or conviction. Stacked Dead Actors was cool

I’m sure one day I’ll get over the Monkey Wrench thing. Maybe.

ClickClack

Queen

Bad Company

Dire Straits
If I never have to hear that "Walk Of Life" song again, it will be a relief. (The little "woo-hoo" part makes me want to hurt something.)

ClickClack

But you do know the music, don't you?
Yes, of course. I was just being a smart-aleck because I thought the original title of the post was "Bands everyone else likes that you don't".

BTW, I like your avatar that resembles the cover art from the "Larks' Tongues In Aspic" album.

Trending Topics