• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Music/Bands everyone else likes that you don't

ckfoxtrot

Nothing against these bands or anyone who likes them:

The Beatles - even though I recognize their impact/importance and they had a big influence on a lot of bands/artists I like (and I actually like a lot of covers of their songs).

The Eagles - I'll listen to some of their stuff but I'm not really a fan.

Foo Fighters - never really been able to get into them, for whatever reason, even though I think Grohl is pretty cool.

Grateful Dead - There was a period I really tried to get into the Dead, because I thought I was "supposed" to like them, but it didn't really work.

GnR - Kind of the same as the Eagles (and kind of tried to force myself to like them like I did with the Dead).

AC/DC - same as the above, but probably with even fewer songs I don't mind listening to.

Radiohead - maybe I never really gave the music a chance to begin with?

Pink Floyd - I really dig the guitar playing, not so much the music as a whole.

Dire Straits - same as above.

Rolling Stones - same sort of territory as the Eagles, for me.

Lynrd Skynrd - eh.

ZZ Top - might actually prefer them over the Eagles.

Allman Bros - don't do much for me.

Doobie Bros - same.

Van Halen - love EVH's guitar playing and talent, but the music as a whole doesn't do much for me.

The Who - eh

Boston - eh

Oasis - eh

Coldplay - I find their music very off-putting

Blanket Jackson

Every day is like Tio's birthday
Gold Supporting Member
You mean besides Neil Young? I have had very little tolerance for AOR music since about 1990, but Neil Young is one act that never even made the pre-1990 cut.

StreetwalkinCheetah

WEEZER one of the most over rated bands ever.
Weezer is interesting as I really like their first two albums. They are near perfect for that time for me. And yet per wikipedia they have 14(!) studio albums with another due this month and I'd be hard pressed to name a dozen good songs they've done since those two albums especially if you discount covers.

Reactions: N0S

N0S

Weezer is interesting as I really like their first two albums. They are near perfect for that time for me. And yet per wikipedia they have 14(!) studio albums with another due this month and I'd be hard pressed to name a dozen good songs they've done since those two albums especially if you discount covers.
From what I've heard a lot of their fans seem to feel this way.

(Something)

I just can't warm up to Bonamassa .. Tried .. Can't. I respect him as a player; I recognize that he is talented; but i just can't manage to like it
I’ve listened to his records, I’ve seen him live, but I can’t for the life of me recall a Bonamassa song off the top of my head. It’s just all very forgettable to me. He owns cool stuff though.

Silent Sound

Nothing against these bands or anyone who likes them:

The Beatles - even though I recognize their impact/importance and they had a big influence on a lot of bands/artists I like (and I actually like a lot of covers of their songs).

The Eagles - I'll listen to some of their stuff but I'm not really a fan.

Foo Fighters - never really been able to get into them, for whatever reason, even though I think Grohl is pretty cool.

Grateful Dead - There was a period I really tried to get into the Dead, because I thought I was "supposed" to like them, but it didn't really work.

GnR - Kind of the same as the Eagles (and kind of tried to force myself to like them like I did with the Dead).

AC/DC - same as the above, but probably with even fewer songs I don't mind listening to.

Radiohead - maybe I never really gave the music a chance to begin with?

Pink Floyd - I really dig the guitar playing, not so much the music as a whole.

Dire Straits - same as above.

Rolling Stones - same sort of territory as the Eagles, for me.

Lynrd Skynrd - eh.

ZZ Top - might actually prefer them over the Eagles.

Allman Bros - don't do much for me.

Doobie Bros - same.

Van Halen - love EVH's guitar playing and talent, but the music as a whole doesn't do much for me.

The Who - eh

Boston - eh

Oasis - eh

Coldplay - I find their music very off-putting
That's a pretty similar list to what I would make. I'd probably take off the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd (especially their older stuff) and put Led Zeppelin and Billy Joel on that list. All of those bands are okay. I don't hate any of them. But none of them really appealed to me. Not like they do to so many other people.

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
From what I've heard a lot of their fans seem to feel this way.
I'm not a Weezer fan or apologist but the first three are all really good, IMO. I like the Green album a lot. The song "Crab" is one of my favorites.

The 4th album had some good songs, but nothing after that is remotely listenable for me.

Reactions: N0S

teledude55

Motley Crue. I liked them when I was in 8th grade, but lost interest after their second album...

Kiss, but I respect them for their influence on other bands.

0_0

I’ve listened to his records, I’ve seen him live, but I can’t for the life of me recall a Bonamassa song off the top of my head. It’s just all very forgettable to me. He owns cool stuff though.
That's my biggest issue with players like him. Sure the guy is very talented and has chops for days but I just don't hear any SONGS there. I hear generic white boy blues and lots of noodling in between. I take away nothing from it.

ckfoxtrot

That's a pretty similar list to what I would make. I'd probably take off the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd (especially their older stuff) and put Led Zeppelin and Billy Joel on that list. All of those bands are okay. I don't hate any of them. But none of them really appealed to me. Not like they do to so many other people.
I like Zep a lot, so they wouldn't make my list, but Joel would. Kiss too.

Omg not enough room to list them all.

U2, Bon Jovi, all the hair bands, all pop music for the last 30 or so years, all country bands for the last 30 or so years, Brian Johnson AC/DC, The Beatles, the Dead, Metallica after the black album, any metal for the last 30 or so years, and plenty more that I can't think of right now.

Basically, any band that can make a living off of their misic. Lol jk but that's what some may think due to my answer.

Edit: and omg the friggin Foo Fighters. Though that is probably covered by any pop music within the last 30 or so years.

Last edited:

Trending Topics