• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Music Documentary Recommendations

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
Decline of western civilization part 1 / 2
and 3. Since they finally have a DVD release, they are probably accessible again. All three parts are exceptionally strong documentaries.

Chrome Dinette

Gesualdo, Death In Five Voices

The Filth And The Fury

You Weren't There, A History Of Chicago Punk

30 Century Man(Scott Walker doc)

fetchmybeer

Gold Supporting Member
and 3. Since they finally have a DVD release, they are probably accessible again. All three parts are exceptionally strong documentaries.
Finally! Took them long enough.

Lots of good recommendations already. I like most that I've seen, but there are two on Netflix that I couldn't get through. One was about Levon Helm and the other about Paul Williams. The Levon Helm one makes this list

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/...c-documentaries-streaming-on-netflix.html?a=1

Don P.

Silver Supporting Member
Since The Filth and The Fury has been mentioned Julian Temple's other films should be mentioned as they are quality as well.

The Future Is Unwritten - Joe Strummer
Oil City Confidential - Dr Feelgood

Other selections:
Be Here To Love Me - Townes Van Zandt
End Of The Century - The Ramones
Instrument - Fugazi
Fallen Angel - Gram Parsons
No Direction Home - Bob Dylan
Running Down A Dream - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Searching For The Wrong-Eyed Jesus http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389361/

Creighton

The Other One
The Last Waltz
Marley
Fugazi - Instrument
The Concert For Bangladesh
Jimi Hendrix
Wilco - Shake It Off

Jay K

The Other One (about Bob Weir and the Grateful Dead but interesting even if not a Dead fan)
Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon (manager of many musicians so sort of a music documentary; I loved it)

Sean French

Good Ol' Freda is a doc on the Beatles secretary and fan club pres. She started working for them when she was 17. Years before anyone knew who the were.

Beyond the Lighted Stage - Rush

In Your Dreams - Stevie Nicks

Last Days Here

The Story of Anvil

Still Alive - Paul Williams

Most are on Netflix.

Other recs were already mentioned.

Trending Topics