Music Man Albert Lee HH w/trem &coil tap

telejammer

I just bought a new Albert Lee HH in Hot Rod Candy Red w/trem and coil tap. Man this is one sweet guitar! The neck is all rosewood and has a gunstock oil rubbed finish.Im really impressed with quality workmanship on this guitar,it is well thought out and the attention to detail is spot on. The action is perfect,intonation was right on and holds tune very well when using the trem, thanks to the compensating bridge. Lots of variations in tone with the 5 way switching and coil tap.Hats off to Music Man for building a first class product. Anyone else have one ? Please chime in. Now back to playing.

Gearaddict

I've got a baby blue hardtail LOVE IT. Congrads! Those Dimarzio's are the best humbuckers I've ever heard.

telejammer

I've been playing this thing all day and I gotta tell ya I'm not even fatiged at all. I have never owned a guitar that plays this well and sounds so good. Even the single coil sounds are good and the humbucker sound kill. Playing thru my Super Reverb with an OCD just rocks!. I can't wait to gig this guitar next week.

catpeople

I just bought a new Albert Lee HH in Hot Rod Candy Red w/trem and coil tap. Man this is one sweet guitar! The neck is all rosewood and has a gunstock oil rubbed finish.Im really impressed with quality workmanship on this guitar,it is well thought out and the attention to detail is spot on. The action is perfect,intonation was right on and holds tune very well when using the trem, thanks to the compensating bridge. Lots of variations in tone with the 5 way switching and coil tap.Hats off to Music Man for building a first class product. Anyone else have one ? Please chime in. Now back to playing.

I had one but returned it due to qc. Fantastic guitar.

stratsnboogies

How tight is the neck pocket? They have had trouble with there rosewood neck butts shrinking and the pocket opening up. They looks terrible when they do that and of course there is a loss of stability and sound.
Post a picture.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm a fan. The Maple necks do not do this. I sold my JPX and will be ordering a new JP12 in the Fall.

straycat113

I bought mine when they did the Roasted Maple neck run a couple of years ago and the guitar just kills, they make incredible instruments that are on par with anyones. Being a Fender die hard I got into EBMM guitars for their humbucker models and never thought of owning an AL since I have enough Strats and Tele's. But it just goes to show what a few good tweaks could do as the guitar was never a big seller until they did the double bucker RW neck format and is now one of their biggest sellers. The pups are the same that are in the EVH/Axis models which were designed by DiMarzio and Ed and can't be bought separate. They sound killer in this guitar and a bit darker due to the Mahogany body.

Amplite

I wish the 2 & 4 positions did not have such a drop in volume.
I must be the only guy who swapped the pickups - I found them a little dark. I now have a Dimarzio 36 anniversary bridge and an EJ custom in the neck in my HH.

Finally did a whole gig with the Albert Lee HH and loved it - very comfortable and great tones!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom