Music Man appreciation thread!!!!

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
I used to have a ton of different EBMM guitars. Great guitars in every aspect!

Amazingly enough, Sterling Ball was the one who got me to pursue other brands and sell off my stuff. There was just something about playing "his" guitars that didn't sit well with me.

gerryguitar

yes they are great but the company is distasteful to me on many levels... and there is enough great companies who make equally great guitars out there to make me chose those instead.

custom53

I have owned 2 EVH's.. They were identical to each other, but I sold one of them years ago..

But I still have these..! Great Guitars..!

custom53

yes they are great but the company is distasteful to me on many levels... and there is enough great companies who make equally great guitars out there to make me chose those instead.
I have dealt with customer service and they have always been great.. But don't go to their forum site unless you praise and gush over their guitars and NEVER, EVER mention another guitar maker or you will be subjected to ridicule and hunted down by the Sterling Nazi's...

Last edited:

Mpcoluv

Great guitars. Great company I think. I only own one because Management will not allow different sizes to be made. Even when they already have the cnc routine, music man will only sell the guitars one way. If I am paying that kind of coin, I expect to get a guitar the way I want it.

mystixboi

I used to have a ton of different EBMM guitars. Great guitars in every aspect!

Amazingly enough, Sterling Ball was the one who got me to pursue other brands and sell off my stuff. There was just something about playing "his" guitars that didn't sit well with me.
I hear what you are saying. There was a situation a while back that Sterling got mad at me for misreading a thread I started on the forum. I have been nothing but a huge EB MM fan for a while now. At the time I had 4 EB MM guitars. He said some crap about me throwing them under the bus, when in reality that’s the farthest thing from what I was saying.

The mods got on my case about it… I had to clarify stuff with them and work things out. And we’re all good…

I was about to sell off all of my EB MM guitars because of how poorly things were handled… but in the end I kept two of the guitars because they are so damn good.

But I know a lot of people that don’t play them because of Sterling and his attitude. It’s a shame because they are such fantastic instruments.

Great customer service though

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
I hear what you are saying. There was a situation a while back that Sterling got mad at me for misreading a thread I started on the forum. I have been nothing but a huge EB MM fan for a while now. At the time I had 4 EB MM guitars. He said some crap about me throwing them under the bus, when in reality that’s the farthest thing from what I was saying.

The mods got on my case about it… I had to clarify stuff with them and work things out. And we’re all good…

I was about to sell off all of my EB MM guitars because of how poorly things were handled… but in the end I kept two of the guitars because they are so damn good.

But I know a lot of people that don’t play them because of Sterling and his attitude. It’s a shame because they are such fantastic instruments.

Great customer service though
I used to be active over there. I saw him throw tempter tantrums all the time to the point of ridiculousness. He would go out of his way to try and humiliate people if they did things that he didn't like. He treated a fellow TGPer, brentrocks, like a total POS for no reason other than to look like a tough guy.

In the end, I like their guitars a lot. But there are other brands that I like just as well that don't have Sterling running the show. I happily support them instead.

I have a JP6. I love the guitar to death. The quality is great, and plaing one ball next to another, they all are very high quality instruments. WhatI thought was pretty odd, was when I was installing my DiMarzio straplocks. I was pretty shocked to see that the holes were machined in.

nocluejimbo

The whole thing about the "distrust" with the "leaked" Majesty pictures was nuts, too. Talk about an overreaction.

Johnny Alien

Silver Supporting Member
My favorite guitar is an Axis Sport MM-90. I could care less what type of person the CEO of a company is. If I worried about such things than I probably wouldn't buy anything at all.

Trending Topics