• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Music Man Majesty worth it?

Whittlez

I have a majesty and a JP6

both phenomenal

I got the Majesty for $1400

the prices they are selling for new are pretty astounding

Suhrtainly!

both phenomenal

Wow....great price! I’m sure it’s a great guitar as long you can keep from encountering any issues. Yeah, I feel the prices are somewhat ridiculous....but, they are quite popular and if they can get it....more power to them.

TP99

both phenomenal

Damn 1400? Thats a crazy good deal. If you want to buy anything other than the stealth black one youre looking at 4000 euros new. ******* I dont think im able to ever buy guitars new anymore, used market has just so much more value for the money

Whittlez

Wow....great price! I’m sure it’s a great guitar as long you can keep from encountering any issues. Yeah, I feel the prices are somewhat ridiculous....but, they are quite popular and if they can get it....more power to them.
yea ... exactly

mine has two small dings in the finish but otherwise perfect

Attachments

TP99

So I went out and tried a Majesty 7 stealth black that was 4299 euros. It was one of the cheapest feeling guitars and it had deadspots all over the fretboard and the sustain was really irregular. Neck shape also wasnt for me.

May have tried a lemon, but certainly these are not worth the money, not even because of the alleged problems but mainly because it didnt feel like a high end instrument by any means. really disappointed because the shape was cool still.

Went out to a different store and tried a J-custom as well on a whim. That is the best guitar I have ever tried, period. The best flutter ever on a tremolo aswell. Getting a J-custom for sure, used or new. really impressed. Lucky for me, j customs are cheaper aswell :)

IanRubbish

I have a J-Custom and an EBMM JP7 Stealth, the J-Custom is a better guitar IMO. I've played quite a few EBMM JP's and owned the 1, and I would take another J-Custom over EBMM too. I think you are making the wise choice.

mapleleaf14

Majesty is one of my most used guitars out of my whole collection...I love mine!

If interested, all the guitars on this instrumental EP, "We All Have Wings", were recorded with a Majesty BFR through a Kemper with an Eventide H9 in the effects loop...even the acoustic parts like on the 2nd and 4th tracks (using the piezo and some Kemper tricks!)

Trending Topics