Music Man Petrucci vs. Parker Fly Mojo

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by lifeson1, May 6, 2008.

1. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

Okay, this may be redundant - I've NEVER owned a Parker, I'm going on my 2nd Music Man Petrucci (this time it's a BFR), and I've really found a unique Parker on the net I'd like to maybe see about. . . any opinions on putting these up against each other in a shootout? I know, two DIFFERENT guitars, but both have piezo systems, and smaller necks. . . So, any help?

2. c_mac

c_mac Member

I'm a huge EBMM fan. The necks are amazing but considering that the BFR JP's have a finished neck then I would consider the Fly as a nice change up since you already have a JP.

3. lifeson1

Guess I should clarify that the main reason I picked up a BFR is because I sold the original Petrucci a few years ago. I guess, i'm really attracted to this custom shop Parker, i KNOW I could get another Petrucci if I wanted to, I just haven't played Parker's enough to really know if I would deal the BFR for a parker or not. Sorry about the confusion. . .

4. c_mac

c_mac Member

If you were asking about any other EBMM guitar then I would say get the EBMM but I really like the lock down feature of the Parker trems compared to the JP trem. I HATE floating trems and that is why I would never own a JP. But hey, its all on you homie.

5. lifeson1

any other thoughts?

6. unkindone

unkindone Member

honestly...parker guitars are SERIOUSLY ugly...that aside, you rarely find a guitar that is as comfortable to play "out of the box" or off the rack...even the cheaper parkers I find myself sinking into...I just can't get over their looks is all...

as for ernie balls, they are all winners in my book :D both would make amazing studio guitars