Music Room Ideas........

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by stratus, Apr 20, 2015.

1. stratus

stratus Supporting Member

Just retired & moved to NC to my new townhome. I have 8 guitars & 4 1x12 combo amps & lots musical paraphernalia and am looking for ideas to make the most of my music room. Any thoughts would be welcome as well as pics if you so choose.Thanks guy's.

:aok

2. stratus

Thanks Mesa. Well appreciated.

3. Bogner

Bogner Member

What specifically are you hoping to accomplish? How much are you willing to spend on this project? What is already in place to work with? Once I know this, I can intelligently help in whatever direction you desire to move forward in. :)

4. pbmw

pbmw Member

Down the rabbit hole.....

5. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

Acoustic treatment. My room is larger than a typical bedroom and is carpeted. It took me years to realize how bad it makes things sound. I have some Real Traps and will be fully treating when possible.

6. garage-s

garage-s Member

7. garage-s

garage-s Member

8. stratus

Hey Bogner. Welp, Im kind of limited as to space. What am I looking for? I have a 12x12 room to work with to start. The wall with the windows will have a newly installed daybed for, as my wife calls it, the extra guest bed :) that's one wall. The second is a full walk in closet where I presently am housing my 8 electrics & 1 acoustic, pedalboard, many speakers, music books & all my strings, setup tools & all my cables & stuff ........ would love to sqeeze a small workplace to set up my guitars, keep my amps (4) out for easy access to play & display my books collection. Bottom line...just looking for small music room ideas. Its all good.....:)

9. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

I like having a Bluetooth receiver hooked up to my studio monitors so I can play any music on any handheld device through them without hooking up cables.

Biggest oversight I wanted to address was managing cases while guitars are in use/on stands. I need cases to be convenient so I can load out easily, but not cluttered

String Swing Case rack is handy

[​IMG]

10. Multicellular

Multicellular Supporting Member

I found that these wire shelving units really let me use all the space.

This isn't even loaded up right now as stuff is in the adjacent practice room, but you get the idea -- adjustable shelf height, strong enough to hold multiple amps, etc.

[​IMG]

This is specifically this model, but they have different sizes.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-48-i...ommercial-Shelving-Unit-6T60184872C/100655787

I have others with cases on them. Lets me stack them to the ceiling but still very easy to access.

11. stratus

Cool shelving and seems to be sturdy also. Thanks for kicking in.

12. Bogner

Bogner Member

If you could build out your closet and really organize that with drawers, shelving and even a work station you could easily record and keep supplies, books, computer, amps, speakers, etc. Depending on height and depth of closet you could get creative on how you stacked the cases. It may be more efficient to hang the guitars on the walls and store the cases elsewhere. Utilize wall space and height and you would be amazed at how much you can get into a room like that and have it be sharp and organized. Could be fun....and expensive. ;)

13. jonnytexas

jonnytexas Supporting Member

A mini fridge for beer is nice. It can double as a speaker stand or a table for your mixing board.

14. transmission

transmission Supporting Member

Londoner currently enjoying life in Sweden
    You sir are management material.

I'm thinking for my situation, I need a cabinet of sorts, that has a pull down, or pull out desk. It can house my monitor speakers, interface, cables etc and I can pull up a chair and laptop and use as a desk when I want. But, basically when not in use it will look like a regular sideboard/cabinet.

15. stratus

Hey, organizing the closet area I'm on board with. I also like the cabinet with a drop down workstation idea a great use of space. Absolutely love the small beer fridge! It would be great to utilize what I am looking for with ideas from the TGP boys, complete the project & then post a pic right here. Keep em' comin' guys. Thanks.

16. Brooks

Brooks Member

this. guitars as art, plus easy access.

welcome to NC!

17. Brooks

Brooks Member

[​IMG]

18. stratus

19. axe4me

axe4me Member

Home Depot or Lowes..................